Any Thoughts On This?

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
100mphlambrettaclub
Dealer

lubrication problem me thinks,i hazzard a guess that there is excesive ring ware as well
cezeta

on the spiggot side of the inlet there is a white line, is this a camera oddity or is it wher ther is no plating. i was wondering if the shamfer has exposed the ali enough for the two ali matirials to rub?
soulsurfer

cezeta wrote:on the spiggot side of the inlet there is a white line, is this a camera oddity or is it wher ther is no plating. i was wondering if the shamfer has exposed the ali enough for the two ali matirials to rub?
Not sure where you mean. The line you can see running left to right around the bottom of the inlet is the chamfer, it's quite large but I assume this is okay as this cylinder hasn't been touched by anything other than capable hands.
Image Image
This cylinder has done a few thousand miles now, it had a new piston fitted recently. I also fitted a new carb, after a short while I thought I had piston slap, although I'd done a couple of hundred miles with this piston prior to changing carb. The egt guage highlighted a lean spot when cruising and I assume this is where the lack of lubrication caused the damage?
Turn On, Tune In, Cop out!
100mphlambrettaclub
Dealer

what fuel was you using,hats the exhaust side like.
soulsurfer

Unleaded from the local Total forecourt. No damage on exhaust sidenits all clean apart from what you can see in the pics, rings look fine too.
Turn On, Tune In, Cop out!
rbgaz
Main scooter: gp rb230 dragster 180lc

this usefull info for lookin for cause of piston falure
https://www.slipstreamperformance.com.a ... Path=4_567
Jet200

Good link rbgaz. Very interesting 8-)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information