Ron Moss - Avanti TT3 - Cylinder Kit - Review & Test.....

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
mark1
Main scooter: gp

Got about 1,500 miles on mine now. Swapped the exhaust for a franspeed race, had to mess about with the jetting, it's still a bit on the safe side but it goes like a scalded cat. I absolutely love riding it, I just can't get enough of it.

I'm booked in for some scootererotica dyno treatment on Saturday to get it set up right. I can't wait to give it some up (and down) the motorway.
dapper
Main scooter: The Biriani Bullet

Just a quick update. Tried running her with a Breath Sweet and the drain in the rubber elbow, but she conked out after a few minutes as too rich or the same spitback build up in the elbow. Whipped the filter off and she's running fine and dandy. I have moved the needle clip up one notch to clear a rich four stroking issue at quarter throttle and she purrs now. Just have to ride her wearing wellies now. :roll: :lol:
Compact Toolbox Flywheel Holder
Rick
Main scooter: Jet200

Does the breath sweet work with a drain running on it side... I Have a long range tank and the spit back does make it messy
stew
Main scooter: Series 1 and series 2

Kit no: 129 running on a JL3 and 35 mm mikuni 22.5 pilot, 57 needle 2nd clip and 300 main, just completed this years Moto TT here in NZ and never missed a beat after about 6,000 kms.
Loud pipes save lives!!
dansacred
Main scooter: li 150 series 3

i thought dryballs had the only avanti, what bike was yours??
stew
Main scooter: Series 1 and series 2

dansacred wrote:i thought dryballs had the only avanti, what bike was yours??
White series 2 :)
Loud pipes save lives!!
Jonhunter
Main scooter: Sx 200

Rick wrote:Does the breath sweet work with a drain running on it side... I Have a long range tank and the spit back does make it messy
Im running my Avanti with mikuni tmx 35, just fitted a breath sweet, laying on its side as i have a diablo tank, i took it for a 60 mile ride on sunday no problems
dansacred
Main scooter: li 150 series 3

stew wrote:
dansacred wrote:i thought dryballs had the only avanti, what bike was yours??
White series 2 :)
awesome! :D
mick1
Main scooter: Li Avanti 225

Bit of an update. having developed an air leak on the casing and buggered the piston and plating I've re-built the engine and just had it Dyno'd @ Scooterotica. Got 22.88 HP and 19.48 Ft/Lbs. My current set up: 35mm TMX, Franspeed Race, 4 plate clutch with Malossi springs, Indian GP gearbox with 46 x 19, BGM stator with M-tech, standard size crank.

really pleased with the result as this is with no alterations to the barrel and casings only matched to barrel......a proper "bolt-on" kit that does what it says on the box
Rick
Main scooter: Jet200

mick1 wrote:Bit of an update. having developed an air leak on the casing and buggered the piston and plating I've re-built the engine and just had it Dyno'd @ Scooterotica. Got 22.88 HP and 19.48 Ft/Lbs. My current set up: 35mm TMX, Franspeed Race, 4 plate clutch with Malossi springs, Indian GP gearbox with 46 x 19, BGM stator with M-tech, standard size crank.

really pleased with the result as this is with no alterations to the barrel and casings only matched to barrel......a proper "bolt-on" kit that does what it says on the box
That's a nice amount I've got around 21hp with a franspeed super tourer and a 30mil carb.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information