blowing bulbs

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
sydduckett

Keep blowing front and back bulbs, start her up and lights come on fine rev her and they blow. I have tried two regulators that I know work and same thing happens. I have had a 12 volt battery on the loom and all lights are fine....Is there any way to check a stator to see if it's chucking out to much power while running? although I'm presuming the regulator would negate this? Also can you check the lightswitch whilst in situ? although again it must be chucking out 12v for the lights to work.....

Iv had the headset off and no obvious earthing issues. I know it could be a number of different things but I'd like to tackle them in the easiest order... :)

I fu%#*ng hate electrics :twisted:

thanks
Sef
essexgp
Main scooter: Indian Gp200 Indian Gp Cutdown

Is the speedo bulb ok as I seem to remember thats part of the regulation circuit, or then I again could be talking b*******s
Daggs

I would suspect a regulator fault.
sydduckett

changed the stator for one I know is kosher and the lights are now not blowing. On ramp at mo so will button her up and take her out after work tom. if alls good stator will be going back to dealer for replacement...

at last...... :D
rbgaz
Main scooter: gp rb230 dragster 180lc

Yeah and u scooter blew my volt reader !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Twinny
Main scooter: suzuki 185

syd bucket i will let you know when when i have buttond up your scoot and its off my ramp ,speak later :lol: :lol:
goldeneye

have you got a proper braided earth strap fitted between reg/engine/frame? another one between engine casing and frame is good also. my 2nd one is bolted onto the gear cable block, then onto the augusto , then the frame strut.cant have enough earths.
Daggs

If this thread is about a 12v electronic conversion (which is what i assumed) festooning your scooter with earth wires is totally unnecessary.

Sydduckett.
If the stator is producing a too high voltage? It's the job of the regulator to cut it back to 12V (ish)
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

Daggs wrote:If this thread is about a 12v electronic conversion (which is what i assumed) festooning your scooter with earth wires is totally unnecessary.

Sydduckett.
If the stator is producing a too high voltage? It's the job of the regulator to cut it back to 12V (ish)
Sorry, are you saying that earths are unnecessary on 12v conversions??
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
coaster

The engine to frame one is vital, the DCI one is just a backup as it earths through the white wire to the stator.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information