My Pride & Joy

Post pics & videos of your scooter, projects you're working on, a lovely Vespa that you saw at a rally, or anything else scooter related.
GLscoot
Main scooter: Vespa GS150

From this

ImageDSC_0224 by GLscoot, on Flickr

To this

ImageIMG_3678 by GLscoot, on Flickr

ImageIMG_3680 by GLscoot, on Flickr

Sunshine and hot tarmac, not good for stoping. Everything still works, going to cut the mudguard off, straighten the leg shield and use it for the remainder of the summer and fix it properly over the winter. Thats if the forks are ok.

Gary
scooter_italiano
Main scooter: Lambretta SX200

reading from this I was thinking about a restoration but seeing your scooter I was asking myself "why a restoration?! it's gorgeous!" but seeing to this :o
are you ok? did you ride it back home?
Yanker

Sorry to see that Gary, al least it is only the metal that got damaged and not you! Looks like the headset clamp might be snapped too?
ArmandTanzarian

That's a bugger. After all the time you spent on it too.

Lucky you have another 23 GSs to use as spares!
Meus Lambretta est non infractus. Is est quietus.
cartmel808
Main scooter: 1975 Vespa Rally 200 Femsa

Oh No.... that's a sh**tter - sorry to see it like that Gary.... gutted for you mate. :(
GLscoot
Main scooter: Vespa GS150

i had to push the f@@ker home, uphill for about 100yds then free wheeled down to the house, it happened about 1/2 mile from my house. Sorted the headset and mudguard and my pal has taken it for a spin and says its ok apart from a noisy clutch. Tried sorting the leg shield, but ended up doing more damage than good.

I'm just so disappointed in myself, should have been able to avoid the car, although there was car on the other side of the road, so had to head towards the kerb. Slammed the rear brake and just glided towards it, knowing I was going to hit the car, so it was damage limitation. Still asking myself why I didn't use the front brake as well, but heh s**t happens and learn from your mistakes. I was able to walk away & the scooter will get fixed.

Gary
flipster

Kinnell .
Feel for u m8. Such a lovely scoot. I followed your thread on the build, brilliant.
Still as long as your ok, you've obviously got the know how to sort it so chin up eh.
Cheers.
P.N.D.S.C.
lambrusco

I was working in Bearsden today and the plumber said he seen this on the way to the job. He said it was a Volvo that was involved.

Hector.
cartmel808
Main scooter: 1975 Vespa Rally 200 Femsa

lambrusco wrote:I was working in Bearsden today and the plumber said he seen this on the way to the job. He said it was a Volvo that was involved.

Hector.
It's always a f@@king Volvo! :roll:
ducksta

hope you ok m8, chin up and get stuck back into getting the scoot right as it may need a full rebuild if ou let everything else run down.
live life your a long time dead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information