Ron Moss - Avanti TT3 - Cylinder Kit - Review & Test.....

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
faf
Main scooter: GP 230 Mugello

So are you saying you can just bolt a reed block on and expect an improvement without any mods to ports or piston?
psychedelicropcircle
Main scooter: Series 1 li150 1958

faf wrote:So are you saying you can just bolt a reed block on and expect an improvement without any mods to ports or piston?

You'll need to cut a half moon or window in your piston and trim the fins on the barrell. Other than that well yes. My main reason was to eliminate the spitback . It'll improve it slightly at the bottom.
coaster

psychedelicropcircle wrote:
faf wrote:So are you saying you can just bolt a reed block on and expect an improvement without any mods to ports or piston?

You'll need to cut a half moon or window in your piston and trim the fins on the barrell. Other than that well yes. My main reason was to eliminate the spitback . It'll improve it slightly at the bottom.
I think a finger port running up from the inlet to the transfers will be needed as well but would be happy to hear other views on this requirement. Loss of top end performance would my main worry.
faf

Thanks for the info gents!
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

coaster wrote:
psychedelicropcircle wrote:

I think a finger port running up from the inlet to the transfers will be needed as well but would be happy to hear other views on this requirement. Loss of top end performance would my main worry.
There's the wrap around boost/trans port above the inlet on the Avanti.....
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
faf

Which means............?????? :oops:
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

faf wrote:Which means............?????? :oops:
Running a boost port up the back wall isn't as straight forward as on other cylinders
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
faf

Oh ok thanks,sounds like a project for a grown up so i'll be leaving it as it is for the time being! :lol:
faf

Took my scoot out for its first proper run since fitting the avanti,a 120 mile round trip to warmwell rally and it didn't miss a beat,pulls really well but was hard work keeping it under 45mph!!!
Well Happy :D
Bert Oni

Jazzy wrote:running a nk road 4.6 on li 150
30 mm dely, would love to try a 34mm delly or amal
Jazzy, i've just offered my nk road ts1 stub up to the Avanti and it's way out on the studs. Is there a TT3 stub available seperately?

Btw, your gearbox / sprocket (4.6) and carb set up is what i'm going for. A mate runs 4.6 and it's sweet through the range, if a little tall for town riding, and your c2c and Avignon figures sound mightily impressive.

Forgot to ask, anyone know which is harder on the clutch, li150 17x46 or gp200 20x46?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information