Foam air filter/TS1

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
TS1-200

Just about to fit one of those foam air filters to my TS1 at last, have been running without a filter for years, but have decided to give one a try, any idea if and how the jetting might change, its a Delly VHSB 34, running a 170 M/J at the mo.
Keep on keepin on
TS1-200

No its just a straight filter that fits on the air intake of the carb, its just that a mate of mine who builds a lot of engines says he has seen some motors that have run without an air filter worn out after a 1000mls,I just didn`t like a big hole cut in the panel with a lump of sponge sticking out, but he`s got me worried now !
Keep on keepin on
GP Kevo
Main scooter: 1969 150 DL / GP225 TS1

What eden said! Filters on both my TS1's. If you use foam filter oil you may find it more restrictive making your jetting seem rich.
wax

I am interested in a filter for my TS1. Has anyone got any snaps of these? Do you have to clean them / change them often?
I don't want to keep up with modern traffic. I want to hoon past it, preferably on one wheel!
camel

crikey what are all those pipes?looks like somebodys ticker
Muppet
Main scooter: SX 150 running in

Loo kin like its got a drink problem, are you a member of fuelaholics anonymous?

muppet,
C’est la vie
mnpes

Ran the Madspeed Ts with a filter pad bonded to the side-panel

Pad sat against the carb inlet nicely ~ Worked a treat
No Big Hole

Lambretta net (USA ) did sell one similar to the sweet-flow

E-mail them
Timbo
Main scooter: SX200 and GP230 RT

Got any pics?
a.j

I've spent over £10 so far in jubilee clips where the git keeps falling off the carb. How can I stop the elbow coming off the carb?
warts
Main scooter: honda

You can drill a hole or two through the jubilee clip and once fitted, put a small self tapper through into the inlet stub, it only needs to press firmly onto the carb.
A bit of trial and error to get the correct size hole for your self tappers may be required. I used to know s**t like that but my heads f@@ked now and its all gone.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information