Dead lammy

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
matt 73

Got the lammy out today intending to give it the once over change of oil etc then get out for a blast. Guess what dead as a doorknob no spark!. Been in the shed a few months was running lovely for the last three years, Checked the obvious plug ht cap, lead then left it. Got a new cdi/coil unit at work cant try that till next week so whats the most likely culprit. ,Thanks matt
Dazza
Main scooter: S3 LI Rapido 225

I'll start the bidding with ---- Low tension Coil --any more offers??
If it aint broke.........tinker with it.....
Monty
Main scooter: Series 1 Muggy, Imola Special

disconnect the green to the loom from your CDI, in case your cut out or ignition switch is faulty
matt 73

tried disconnecting the green wire already, not the kill button.Going to try cleaning up all the connections and engine earths tomorrow as i cant get my head round the fact that it was running ok when i put it away. Ah well the joys of lammy ownership
Dazza
Main scooter: S3 LI Rapido 225

Thats why my money is on the LT, i've been out for a good thrash on mine before, next time out wouldn't start - eventually found out it was the LT coil - not the first thing I changed as you would expect
If it aint broke.........tinker with it.....
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information