vented panels

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
sydduckett

Anyone post pics of vented panels. Not the round holes...i know how to do those... :D

Anyone got one of the adidas one done by JB thats just been posted would be good..

cheers
Sef
carlos fandango

How about this one on my RB
When i was young my Mom said "if you haven't got anything nice to say, say nothing at all " ..................... and people wonder why I'm quiet around them !
sydduckett

Cheers carlos, looking for the sort that has a scoop but i guess that gives same result.... :D
AndyS

This is mine I did, quite descrite but worked well

http://scoot.net/gallery/bbs/vent2008140.jpg
Avantone
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

Tony

Download the (Original) Lambretta Gearbox Visualiser
www.lambrettagearbox.com
sydduckett

Nice one Tony, how did you go about doing that? did you fabricate a the vent then let it in?
Avantone
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

sydduckett wrote:Nice one Tony, how did you go about doing that? did you fabricate a the vent then let it in?
It was a fibre-glass panel - I made two parallel cuts in the panel where the scoop is, and then another near vertical one that followed the leading edge on the GP panel. This gave me cuts that looked like a H on it's side.

I then pushed the leading flap in, and pulled the trailing flap out, to give me the opening. I then built up the gaps and shaped an inlet in fibre-glass matting (So the majority of the scoop is the original panel).

I wanted the scoop to blend in to the lines of the GP panel from the side, but with a BIG hole

Another self indulgent picture below:
Tony

Download the (Original) Lambretta Gearbox Visualiser
www.lambrettagearbox.com
sydduckett

Cheers Ton, just the look i want but unfortuantley i have metal panels. Shame really as there are loads of fibre glass scoops on he market that could be easily blended in. Doesnt look as though you can buy the metal equivalant though... :(

Nice pic, where was that?

sef
shocky

LOOKS LIKE CADWELL
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
RICSPEED

You can do the same in metal ,just cut to three sides ,pull out and weld in some wedge shaped fillets(asuming you have a welder)
Its in bits scooter club: www.facebook.com/groups/132415046859320
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information