jetex carb slides

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Tosh

i no i`m running in at mo ,but as i`m pulling out of corner it just seams to bog down,yes i`m in the right gear .runs very well i don`t want to spend money on new carb cos i`m in the middle of building up a 185,would the change of slide help

thanks paul
J1MS

Think it might change things... The 200 slide will richen to about a Third throttle maybe more, if its struggling to pull out of corners cus its weak, then possibly it will help...

One of my Jettex Carbs was like this, I ran it on a standard Rapido 200... Tried everything I could to get it to work but couldnt jet it... Swapped it for another new one... Set this up carb the same as the first one, and it worked fine...
byron
Main scooter: Li Special; scarred,but sound

in my experience, jetexs always seem easier to set up once the slide is changed for a GP200 7895/1 type, even if it does look like it was just hewn off a lump of alloy with an axe
Tosh

thanks for the reply`s chaps,but having not seen the diff between slide1 or 2 how will i tell.soz it took so long to reply but just welding up a clutch compressor

paul
rog60
Main scooter: Indian GP200

Tosh wrote:thanks for the reply`s chaps,but having not seen the diff between slide1 or 2 how will i tell.soz it took so long to reply but just welding up a clutch compressor

paul
There is a cut-away in the back of the weaker slide 7895-2 as against a flat back on the 7895-1 slide.
As others on here have said use the SH2/22 version of the slide as there is an appreciable improvement in carburration..........in Fact go the whole hog and change the jets and atomizer to Dellorto versions as well............
NO IT'S NOT A F***IN* MOPED!!!!!!
byron
Main scooter: Li Special; scarred,but sound

the GP150 slide has a cutout on the back : Image
the GP200 doesn't Image
pics from Scooter Restorations

doh, rog60 beat me to it, yeah, definitely worth changing the jets to dell ones too, at least you'll know they'll be the size marked on them...
sean brady scooters
Dealer

if and when I or dan get chance ,we will post up some pics of jetex jets that are supposed to be the same /equivalent to the std dellorto jets............ :lol:
atomisers alone are just a joke.............. :lol:
Sean Brady Scooters - 01765 690 698
Tosh

thanks gents for all the replys,just got back in from garage checking on a 150cc jetex i remembered having in my box and it`s got the right slide in, will change tomoz when i get home from work.
rog60
Main scooter: Indian GP200

atomisers alone are just a joke.............. :lol:

Amen to that...........struggled for days with my first \Jetex, then ...bingo.. let's see if Dellorto jets work better. Hey presto, everything much better :bouncing: :bouncing:
NO IT'S NOT A F***IN* MOPED!!!!!!
BarryP

rog60 wrote:atomisers alone are just a joke.............. :lol:

Amen to that...........struggled for days with my first \Jetex, then ...bingo.. let's see if Dellorto jets work better. Hey presto, everything much better :bouncing: :bouncing:

...spent three days trying to get a Jetex carb jetted for my 175 kit. Tried every combo of Dellorto atomisers and jets in it, nothing worked. Swapped my old SH1/20 back on, sorted in an hour or two. Will never touch a Jetex again
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information