spark plug change

Anything related to Vespas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
willow
Main scooter: t5classic

Its like this guys scooter broke down changed the plug for one the same.it starts but misses a beat (splutter)when going through the gears I tried closing the gap a bit but its still the same.anyone else had this happen to them.I thought it might be carb or fuel problem but all was fine before the plug change.any advice would be great.cheers guys
joeythescooterboy

What plug and what gap?
Nemo saltat sorbius, nisi infanus est.
willow

NGK.no.7 not sure of the gap but it looks pretty close to the one that came out.what do you recomend
Chris in Margate
Main scooter: Lambretta 1964 225 Special

NGK 7 is fine so don't let anybody tell you otherwise. What happens when you put the old plug back ?
Are you electronic or points?
You could try trimming 1 cm off each end of the HT lead just to make sure you have a sound connection.
willow

i i did not try the old plug back in it.as i was near halford when it broke down so just changed the plug and was just happy it started again and l left the old plug at halfords. electrnic or points..for give me i aint clued up on the mecanical side of things.i just ride them[shame on me] but i would say points as the scooter[t5]classic has no battery.when i changed the plug it took a few more than normal kicks to get started then kept stalling until i catch the revs .once it is warmed up a bit it kicks over fine.but like i say when riding it through the gears it splutters just for a second.once in top gear it rides fine until i de throttle and go through the gears then it starts to splutter again.i have no feeler gauge to check the distance of plug and not sure what the gap should be. i did close it a little but made no difference.could it be the plug is getting to hot like i say all was fine till the plug change. :?: :?: :?:
willow

Quick up date found it was a faulty cdi unit.the plug kept loosing spark.changed it and bobs ya uncle job done
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information