How to clean up low revs???

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
alanscottj
Main scooter: Lambretta GP SS250 Casa

Scoot I running great but when I am riding around town, 30 mile an hour, hardly using any throttle at all my scoot runs pretty pants, really boggy, especially if I am just holding at less than a quarter throttle.i am led to believe that I could cure this by tweaking the air screw (Delly 30mm carb) but I am not having much luck tbh. The carb is jetted right all round, just this last bit that's bugging me. Any advice much appreciated as always :D
Lambretta Series 2 Rat - RB260, SuperTourer, Cyclone 5 gearbox 😎👍
Jxmiddle
Main scooter: GP250 69 targa twin

This is a good question and I have a similar issue. Anyone?
eden
Dealer

put a good advance/retard unit on it!
Yanker

alanscottj wrote:Scoot I running great but when I am riding around town, 30 mile an hour, hardly using any throttle at all my scoot runs pretty pants, really boggy, especially if I am just holding at less than a quarter throttle.i am led to believe that I could cure this by tweaking the air screw (Delly 30mm carb) but I am not having much luck tbh. The carb is jetted right all round, just this last bit that's bugging me. Any advice much appreciated as always :D
Give jetting and scooter set-up details and someone might be able to help...
eden
Dealer

ive just given the answer Yanker ;)
Yanker

Stick one on yours then? Eden, Oh no I know what you are going to say...no not that the other thing you tw@7 :-)
Grumpy225
Main scooter: Gori200, rt195, ld150,rb20

alanscottj wrote:Scoot I running great but when I am riding around town, 30 mile an hour, hardly using any throttle at all my scoot runs pretty pants, really boggy, especially if I am just holding at less than a quarter throttle.i am led to believe that I could cure this by tweaking the air screw (Delly 30mm carb) but I am not having much luck tbh. The carb is jetted right all round, just this last bit that's bugging me. Any advice much appreciated as always :D

probably the needle needs to go down one clip height.

Not knowing what the current jetting is makes it tough to accurately solve the issue. For all any one knows you might have a 100 pilot jet and a 50 main

I've always found that if the carburetor and timing are set up correctly there is no need for an advance/retard unit on a road bike, but what do I know? :ugeek:
wack 63
Main scooter: '71 GP TS1

If it's a 40 slide ,try a 45 or 50
B-Race Tuning
Main scooter: Lambro, GP.

If it's a jetting issue, it will not get resolved on a forum. Maybe lots of differing advice, yes. Maybe good, ball-park resolutions, yes. Get a friend/ club member who knows what he/ she is doing to help you, or go and get it dyno'd/ ridden by a professional, (low speed/ 0-1/4 part throttle settings are a difficult area to set up on an inertia dyno and definitely come down to experience [on a dyno]) Until there is an advance/retard unit that upon failure defaults to the retarded timing figure, then there isn't a good one. And what IS wrong with static timing? KISS.
You need to be looking closer at the pilot/ slide, than airscrew or needle position/ type at that throttle use.
And whats the timing at, as that influences too.
And while were at it, port timings/ type of exhaust/ model.
And....Cuddly Toy.
onthelam
Main scooter: not yet

In my formative years 0-1/8 would be pilot jet, 1/8 - 1/4 would be throttle cut away. But after all that time I'm back to primary school.
Is the idle set correctly?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information