Points Stator 2 or 5 Coils?

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Lamaddict

I'm running a 2 scoots with original points set ups, one with a battery, one without. They are both very reliable. One is a Italian GP 125 and the other is a TV175, S3.

I'm doing another points ignition engine at the minute for a TV175, S2 and I have the option of using a 2 or 5 coils stator. Both are okay for batteries, but shall I go for the 2 coils or 5 coils?
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

6 pole every time
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
Ilango
Main scooter: SIL Vijai Super

Lamaddict, 5 coil stator is better. You don't need a regulator also. It only needs the appropriate wiring harness.
One question - Are you using a Lambretta GP DC type ignition switch with this setup? Else how do you cut-off battery while parking your scooter?
shocky

Ilango wrote:Lamaddict, 5 coil stator is better. You don't need a regulator also. It only needs the appropriate wiring harness.
One question - Are you using a Lambretta GP DC type ignition switch with this setup? Else how do you cut-off battery while parking your scooter?
As far as im aware all ignition switches cut the power in the off position the dc switch has a position in the anti clockwise position for a "parking light "
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
Ilango
Main scooter: SIL Vijai Super

shocky wrote:As far as im aware all ignition switches cut the power in the off position the dc switch has a position in the anti clockwise position for a "parking light "
Hello Shocky, Yes, I am using the same switch as mentioned above. The problem I have is with wiring it up. Checked the continuity in all 4 positions. I have a DC horn too. But this switch doesn't have a wire which gets +12V upon ignition ON. Is there a way to sort it out with the same switch. I just need the horn & brake lamp to get powered up only by Key-On.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information