Two stroke oil bottles

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Jxmiddle
Main scooter: GP250 69 targa twin

Anyone have any suggestions for smaller bottles to carry oil in? I've got a smaller tool box courtesy of an extended tank and rarely need to carry a full 2 litre oil bottle.

Cheers

John
bristolmod
Main scooter: Lambretta TV175 S3- what else!
Location: Bali-Hai bar, Locarno Ballroom Bristol, 1967!- mines a Brown Split!!

I use the plastic bottles from the Body Shop. I put a white sticker down one side and there is sufficient space to mark it at 2% 3% or 4% per 5 litres of petrol.

The bottles are made of thick plastic although Mrs Bristolmod can't understand how she uses the contents up so fast.

Chris
Scootering since 1968.
Timbo
Main scooter: SX200 and GP230 RT

Usually when I ride I know where I'm going so will carry the appropriate oil. So I have a bottle with enough for 5 litres and another for 10 litres. Theres plenty on eBay.
Arborman
Main scooter: RB22

Try Cam-Lam .... they have a specific size in small aluminium bottles for running at 3% mix... if of course that's your desired mix (mine is so easy) :D
coaster

bristolmod wrote:I use the plastic bottles from the Body Shop. I put a white sticker down one side and there is sufficient space to mark it at 2% 3% or 4% per 5 litres of petrol.

The bottles are made of thick plastic although Mrs Bristolmod can't understand how she uses the contents up so fast.

Chris
Just tell her that you re-filled them with 'Essential Oil' and she won't mind at all :lol:
bristolmod
Main scooter: Lambretta TV175 S3- what else!
Location: Bali-Hai bar, Locarno Ballroom Bristol, 1967!- mines a Brown Split!!

coaster wrote:
bristolmod wrote:I use the plastic bottles from the Body Shop. I put a white sticker down one side and there is sufficient space to mark it at 2% 3% or 4% per 5 litres of petrol.

Chris
Just tell her that you re-filled them with 'Essential Oil' and she won't mind at all :lol:
got to admit, when she's out of the bath and snuggled up to me in bed she does smell good- "Rock Oil Strawberry 2T" i believe................. :shock:
Scootering since 1968.
Tractorman
Main scooter: Lambretta li150 special

200ml plastic drink bottles from the supermarket are ideal for what ever ratio you use.
essexgp
Main scooter: Indian Gp200 Indian Gp Cutdown

Got mine from Primark, they did a pack of different size bottles in a pouch for holiday use which i found are good for enough oil for 4 litres of fuel

Think they were about 2 pounds and were on the racks as you queue for the tills
GLscoot
Main scooter: Vespa GS150

I bought the SIP 30sae 250ml oil and was planning on using these for 2T, thoroughly washed out of course.
mick1
Main scooter: Li Avanti 225

I carry 6 x 150mm plastic bottles bought off e-bay. If I put 5 litres in the tank i'm running at 3% if I put 7.5 litres in that's 2%. I don't measure just empty the bottle in and fill up. That's to and from a rally when we do 60-70 mile stints between petrol stations @ roughly 10 miles to the litre.

I also carry one of those 1L aluminium bottles to top my bottles up when I get the chance.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information