Alarm

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
Jxmiddle
Main scooter: GP250 69 targa twin

Thinking of fitting an alarm to a Lammie S3 running without a battery. Anyone got any suggestions or experience?

Thanks

John
Muppet
Main scooter: SX 150 running in

buy a dog chain it to ya scoot
C’est la vie
Jxmiddle
Main scooter: GP250 69 targa twin

Yeah one option but I was hoping to avoid this situation......

Adyonekenobi
Main scooter: Li150 Special, now TS1 225cc

I have an Oxford disc lock with built in siren, not very loud but it attracts attention if it is disturbed.
Spanner check the running gear before every outing, like in the Army. You know it makes sense!
ducksta

how i look at it, alarm your shed, would you get back to the scoot if alarm was going who knows where you would be and passers by would just walk on, so a deterant ie chain/disc lock/etc i have fitted a red led into my speedo run off a 9v battery cost about £3 all told, flick it on when i leave the bike looks like a alarm is fitted.
live life your a long time dead
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

ducksta wrote:how i look at it, alarm your shed, would you get back to the scoot if alarm was going who knows where you would be and passers by would just walk on, so a deterant ie chain/disc lock/etc i have fitted a red led into my speedo run off a 9v battery cost about £3 all told, flick it on when i leave the bike looks like a alarm is fitted.
But now you've told everybody about it , who,s going to be fooled? :roll: ;)
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

rosscla wrote:
ducksta wrote:how i look at it, alarm your shed, would you get back to the scoot if alarm was going who knows where you would be and passers by would just walk on, so a deterant ie chain/disc lock/etc i have fitted a red led into my speedo run off a 9v battery cost about £3 all told, flick it on when i leave the bike looks like a alarm is fitted.
But now you've told everybody about it , who,s going to be fooled? :roll: ;)
Lol.....brilliant. :)
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

Adyonekenobi wrote:I have an Oxford disc lock with built in siren, not very loud but it attracts attention if it is disturbed.
That's a good compromise and a cheap enough option. It means the scoot can't be pushed away, has to be lifted, and at least issues an audible alert.....
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
mick1
Main scooter: Li Avanti 225

I have a remote operated alarm which goes of when the scooter is moved/rocked, it's not fixed just left in the toolbox. Cost less than a tenner of e-bay.
ArmandTanzarian

I've got a couple of these. The first time you knock it, it beeps a couple of times as a warning. If you knock it again, all hell breaks loose.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Motorbike-Ala ... 258ce2650f

Meus Lambretta est non infractus. Is est quietus.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information