Ducati 12v dc + wassle regulator

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Lam-d
Main scooter: 71 Gp200e

Lads bit of advice needed am replacing the stator on a 71 GP200 Electronic with a Ducati 12v Dc one i have a modified plate on the bike at the moment and run it through a wassle regulator and small 12v battery .... now is it ok to run the 12V DC Stator through the wassle and connect it to 12v standard type battery as i am trying to go down the std looking route but with the advantage of the wassle dc setup .....Or Any one modified a std lambretta regulator to run as a 12v (modern components) or been able to hide a 12v regulator inside a gutted out one .just wondering as i have 2 duff ones here and am willing to bodge sugestions lol
Ilango
Main scooter: SIL Vijai Super

My Vijai Super has full DC setup with battery. The stator modification was done in the same way as you had done. I use a Piaggio Ape 4 wire rectifier to charge the battery. 2 wires from the stator, 2 wires to the battery. Simple. The rectifier is hidden near the CDI box using a small Aluminium channel to bolt the regulator. As I don't have access to photobucket or flickr, I could email you a picture of my setup if interested. :)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information