SIP speedo heat sensor..

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Timbo
Main scooter: SX200 and GP230 RT

I know this doesn't fit under the plug on a lot of engines, what are the alternatives? Any pics?
Chris in Margate
Main scooter: Lambretta 1964 225 Special

Fitted mine under head cowling bolt. At speed and after really good run it never went above 60 degrees C which is 140 degrees F so not great but just a reference point. When it rained hard the temperature dropped !
ForemanBob
Main scooter: GP RT230

I have it in the headset to give me outside temperature indications... have an EGT fitted
lambro

Find an accessible fin, drill and tap and screw the threaded part into that, feed the wire out through the headcowl and connect up.
1469leach
Main scooter: jet200/rapido 225

you can get it to fit under the spark plug but you need to grind away the raised lip around the spark plug on the cylinder head. Impossible to do with cylinder head intact it needs to come off and make sure there is a gash spark plug fitted to stop you damaging the seal between plug and head.

cheers Jeff.
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

Cut the plug piece off and replace it with an ring terminal and bolt it to a fin. Exit it through a hole in the cowl and put an extra male / femal spade connection in the loop to make removal easy.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information