Died and no spark

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Micky Tapp
Main scooter: Lambretta GP200

Scoot died after long run back from Cleethorpes yesterday. There is no spark. I have 12 volt conversion on GP200. I don't have spare stator to swap and check, a so before I buy new one, what tests checks can I do to identify faults? Thanks in advance
mick1
Main scooter: Li Avanti 225

You need a resistance meter (or a multi meter) then check the coil resistances. Not too sure what readings you should get but it's all in Stickey's......or someone will post.

have you tried disconnecting the green (from headset) off the CDI unit ?

The CDI unit is a "fail" option but as far as i'm aware there is no test you can do other than "swap and see".
Micky Tapp

Aha just found the section in Sticky's manual, a bit of bedtime reading me thinks.
On the "disconnect the green from CDI unit" what is that a check for please?
DaveTomo
Main scooter: SX 200

Micky Tapp wrote: On the "disconnect the green from CDI unit" what is that a check for please?
2 green wires on your CDI, one comes off the stator plate the other off your ignition switch (on your headset). Taking the one green wire off that comes from your ignition switch, will eliminate whether your ignition switch is faulty or not, meaning if it fires up with that green wire disconnected, your ignition switch is faulty
I am playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order.
mick1
Main scooter: Li Avanti 225

DaveTomo wrote:
Micky Tapp wrote: On the "disconnect the green from CDI unit" what is that a check for please?
2 green wires on your CDI, one comes off the stator plate the other off your ignition switch (on your headset). Taking the one green wire off that comes from your ignition switch, will eliminate whether your ignition switch is faulty or not, meaning if it fires up with that green wire disconnected, your ignition switch is faulty
.................or the wiring from it..
Micky Tapp

ta fellas, I'll do the ignition check and then if still no spark off with flywheel and do the resistance readings as per Sticky's manual
Micky Tapp

Stator removed and taken for testing and declared fooked by Martin and Chislespeed, new one purchased fitted and its running like a good un again. Thanks all
Andy Pickering
Main scooter: GP

Get your old one repaired and keep it a spare

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ricspeed, gone but never forgotten RIP my friend #59
molibdimum

Does that mean we can go faster than 40 now? :D
Micky Tapp

Funneeee :)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information