Series 1 framebreather

Post pics & videos of your scooter, projects you're working on, a lovely Vespa that you saw at a rally, or anything else scooter related.
bikegunn
Main scooter: vespa smallframe

Just had this from Richard Auckland at Barnsley Lambretta centre. Didn't know whether is was a runner or not as bought as a project. In any case as it's still standard and there seemed to be good compression when I rocked it in gear, I found a kick start in the garage, didn't check points or anything, just Changed the plug and cleaned the carb and checked no dead animals in the frame breather part. Fresh fuel, started up fine and all the controls work including clutch and selects all gears. Rode it about a bit and it's great.
Fork springs and buffers a bit iffy but what a surprise to have it fire up like that. Have got a motor built up that I was gonna drop in but I'm leaning towards leaving it standard for the rest of the summer now. Lovely little thing

So if anyone has any decent side panels I'm all ears so it's not got any at the moment.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
shamrockexpress

Sounds like a BRUCIE BONUS!!!!!!!!!!! when they go as easy as that, good luck !!
Toddy
Main scooter: Lambretta Series 1

Very Nice that fella , had a few things of Rich Parts wise, top man :)
As my Dad used to say "Each to their own lad"
davet

Now you're complete! When is the sign writing and basket going on?
DigDug
Main scooter: Lambretta

Toddy wrote:Very Nice that fella , had a few things of Rich Parts wise, top man :)
I'll second that.... 8-)
Did you have to do that?
bikegunn
Main scooter: vespa smallframe

Thanks all. Yep Richard Auckland is an all round good guy. Funny that Dave, I thought that. I tried the Bombas written panels from my S2 on it and it looked right. Don't know though. See what comes around as wouldn't mind dropping on some old patina'd panels and leaving it how it is.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
davet

Yes I agree keep original. The panels do look good though. A white background sign written would look good. Like the old shop signs you see passing through France.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information