scoot rs parts

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
muffster
Xbox live gamer tag: muffinator233
Main scooter: LI 125 S3

hi folks.
Anyone out there bought panels from scoot rs. Are they any good.
I need some leg shields and running boards for my SX and they look like decent parts, rather than some of the re-pressed rubbish that is out there and the price is pretty good.
Are scoot rs bits any good or should I look elsewhere.

Cheers.
jazzyb

I'm doing a special Resto at the moment been looking at there panel work av been told buzzsolomoto parts are good as well
gp200ts1
Main scooter: lambretta series 2

I've used scootrs and buzz and I must say buzz was the better ones, still nowhere good as original though
jazzyb

The thing is you can't always get original or there crazy money :shock:
Lamaddict

Scootrs are normally pretty good IMO. Their panels now are stamped out like the originals.
sydduckett

To be honest if I was doing a resto i wouldn't go down the remade parts route when it comes to bodywork. wait until the next parts fair near you and get down there early. you will find what you want more than likely at a good price. dellorto 30 vhsh for 60 quid in great nic, series2 horn cast 30, Spanish series 2 in good nick 1200. having said all this if you live on the isle of Skye or similar ignore all of the above.....Sef
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

Or anywhere north of the border TBF
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
Donnie
Main scooter: Lambretta Eibar Series 2

Lamaddict wrote:Scootrs are normally pretty good IMO. Their panels now are stamped out like the originals.
and frankly, worth every feckin' penny :( :( :(

most remade far east stuff is at least twice as heavy due to filler etc :-/
Donnie.
Minority
Main scooter: Li230 S3

Wonder if you had considered fiberglass?
If you're not looking for originality there are some pretty good ones out there apparently.
Additional benefit of lighter weight.
muffster
Xbox live gamer tag: muffinator233
Main scooter: LI 125 S3

I have been looking for some decent non chrome ring legshields for ages but they are either too far gone or silly money.
I wanted some original ones at first but as we all know you can put a lot of time and effort into panels that are not new.
At the minute I'm doing the body work on my old vw camper and it's very time consuming!!
I finished doing my first scoot last year and used some second hand side panels and running boards. It all looks good but the gaps aren't perfect and the side panels keep popping off. I like the originality within a project but think this time I want to go for some good quality new panels.

Cheers.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information