headlight upgrades

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
dave wheeler

After 2 years of ownership I ended up riding by TV175 at night for the first time, the headlight is completely useless! Its a 12v electronic system and a 35w/35w halogen bulb. I was told to use a lower wattage gave you a brighter light, but apparently not, did have a higher rated bulb in but had to remove it as it was one of those `2high beams` type bulbs and the MOT man no likey.
Has anyone used a sparkright conversion in this type of scoot, only heard of it in GP, any other ideas gratefully received
regards
Dave
bristolmod
Main scooter: Lambretta TV175 S3- what else!
Location: Bali-Hai bar, Locarno Ballroom Bristol, 1967!- mines a Brown Split!!

funny

my set up is identicle to yours (TV175S3; 12v electronic and 35/35 Halogen) and the lights are superb.

Be inclined to check out connections etc first just in case

Chris
Scootering since 1968.
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

i think one of the German or Austrian shops was selling a modern headlight conversion for those types.
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
Minority
Main scooter: Li230 S3

You can convert to use a 55/65 watt H4 halogen if you are prepared to "modify" your headlght holder assy. Try the search function fo "H4" I'm sure you'll find something on the forum.
I'm about to have a play with an H4 myself.
soulsurfer

http://www.jockeys-boxenstop.de/shop/en ... -3875.html
You might want to ask them to "form" the conversion ring as they come flat laser cut and are a bit of a ballache to bend into the required shape ;)
Turn On, Tune In, Cop out!
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

soulsurfer wrote:http://www.jockeys-boxenstop.de/shop/en ... -3875.html
You might want to ask them to "form" the conversion ring as they come flat laser cut and are a bit of a ballache to bend into the required shape ;)
That's the one. I"d checked SIP, LTH and SCK :roll: but couldn't find it.
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
Minority

And of course fit a LED back light which uses much less power than the standard setup, leaving more power for your new powerful headlight.
Pepot
Main scooter: servetta LI150 serieIII GT186

I'm using the Jockeys boxenstop front light with a BGM stator and a led rear light. I do recommend it!!!
Minority

Pepot wrote:I'm using the Jockeys boxenstop front light with a BGM stator and a led rear light. I do recommend it!!!
Got any pics of it installed? Interested to see what it looks like and how much room there is in the headset.
Evesy
Main scooter: Jet 200 with Imola 186

I put some pictures on in an earlier thread of my upgraded headlamp from Jockeys Boxenstop. Awesome upgrade well recomended.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information