Cyclone 5 Speed

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Boo

Hi all,
quick and simple question to everyone using a Cyclone 5 Speed Gear Box in a TS1 are they worth the money?
Any better performance ect?
8-)
Lambrettas are for life!
dave wheeler

I have a cyclone in a standard tv175 and wouldn't want to go back to 4, I imagine the benefits would be even greater with a TS1 motor, but bear in mind they offer no guarenties but the box is not designed for over 20bhp motors
Toddy
Main scooter: Lambretta Series 1

dave wheeler wrote:I have a cyclone in a standard tv175 and wouldn't want to go back to 4, I imagine the benefits would be even greater with a TS1 motor, but bear in mind they offer no guarenties but the box is not designed for over 20bhp motors
I think some people have fitted them in over 20BHP motors though with no problems :D
As my Dad used to say "Each to their own lad"
ruevespamad

I might be wrong but didn't they do their R + D on two engine's with bhp in the mid 20's?
RICSPEED

Toddy wrote:
dave wheeler wrote:I have a cyclone in a standard tv175 and wouldn't want to go back to 4, I imagine the benefits would be even greater with a TS1 motor, but bear in mind they offer no guarenties but the box is not designed for over 20bhp motors
I think some people have fitted them in over 20BHP motors though with no problems :D
a few group 4 and 6 scoots .. so far so good
Its in bits scooter club: www.facebook.com/groups/132415046859320
Donnie
Main scooter: Lambretta Eibar Series 2

But no warranty if its in a 20+BHP motor I assume?
Donnie.
twenty eight

I have one in my ts1 now set up runs ok no problem over 25bhp (glad I fitted a standard gear selector spring) any problems rlc happy to help out
dave wheeler

They don't offer a guarantee at all! I`m meerly pointing out what the manual states, I think Stuart Day had one in his racer, would think that's putting mid 30bhp minimum I would imagine, anyway just get one, its the future!
RICSPEED

dave wheeler wrote: I think Stuart Day had one in his racer
yep :D
Its in bits scooter club: www.facebook.com/groups/132415046859320
Donnie
Main scooter: Lambretta Eibar Series 2

dave wheeler wrote:They don't offer a guarantee at all! I`m meerly pointing out what the manual states, I think Stuart Day had one in his racer, would think that's putting mid 30bhp minimum I would imagine, anyway just get one, its the future!

Really? :shock: :shock:

No thanks, Im more than happy with my gearing and can make much better use of £500 odd to be honest
Donnie.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information