Rossi Camel Lambretta (Updated)

Post pics & videos of your scooter, projects you're working on, a lovely Vespa that you saw at a rally, or anything else scooter related.
rossi46

A few updates since first pictures :D

Loom through frame

No offence !!! LOL

Air Scoop

Extra cooling

Engine spec :

Engine: RB240, Racetour 71mm piston- modified, MB Alpha crank, 60 x 110, matched crankcase, barrel, modified inlet and reeds all done by JB Tuning
6 plate Readspeed clutch
BGM stator,
Agusto 8000,
MB lightened flywheel,
GP200 Italian gearbox, 19 / 46
Carb: TMX35 open mouthed
Set up: 20 pilot
58 needle 2nd clip from bottom
290 main
Air screw 1/2 turn out from full in.
Timing: 16 deg BTDC
Exhaust: Franspeed Race pipe
DYNOED
AndyS

Do you think the mods you have made to the cowl and the rear runner have helped your cooling, and are the front dampers the Rich Presley/ Frank Sanderson ones, they look nice and smaller that I thought they would .
Top bike by the way,
Fruitjuice

How do you rate those Rich Presley dampers?
Life shouldn't be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty, well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, loudly proclaiming: "WOW, WHAT A RIDE"
rossi46

AndyS wrote:Do you think the mods you have made to the cowl and the rear runner have helped your cooling, and are the front dampers the Rich Presley/ Frank Sanderson ones, they look nice and smaller that I thought they would .
Top bike by the way,

There can be no downsidw to it, I have seen racing Lambrettas with similar scoops fitted to there bikes, so I think it is an advantage, with the power outputs of tuned engines nowadays, any extra cooling has to be an advantage due to the extra heat created, I will let you know when I have been on a good run with it, and let you know if the EGT has dropped from previous runs.

By the way it was a simple modification I used an old cylinder cowling and cut it up to fit onto the flywheel cover.
rossi46

Fruitjuice wrote:How do you rate those Rich Presley dampers?

A little hard on the damping to start with but , I adjusted the damping lower than the standard settings, (which is very simple to do) and they work very well a good feeling on the front giving more confidence when cornering and braking.
Andy Pickering
Main scooter: GP

Looking good rossi46 the wheels are a nice touch, are all the engine prob sorted now matey..?

Love the caution badge...should have that on my gravestone :lol: :lol:
Ricspeed, gone but never forgotten RIP my friend #59
rossi46

Lam46 wrote:Looking good rossi46 the wheels are a nice touch, are all the engine prob sorted now matey..?

Love the caution badge...should have that on my gravestone :lol: :lol:

yeah she is running like a train !!! only problem is I broke 3rd gear !! :( so looking for another GP200 Italain gearbox now and going to have it Cryo treated.
Andy Pickering
Main scooter: GP

RE (GEARBOX) the dactek one might be out soon..do believe there still testing to destruction.
Ricspeed, gone but never forgotten RIP my friend #59
sydduckett

A very very tidy example. I like the seat, does it lift or has it got a cut out for the juice?

Cheers

Sef
ducatiross

REALLY fantastic scooter. Like the front brake caliper - not seen that one before. What was the Dyno figure ?

Matthew
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information