S3 floor runner kit

Anything related to paint & bodywork issues on scooters....
User avatar
Boothy_the_makem
registered user
Posts: 437
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:15 pm
Playstation gamer tag: Phantomkiller_uk
Main scooter: modded t5 classic wi a parker
Contact:

Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:42 am

Am after a good quality grey floor kit for my li special. Ive noticed full set from scooter restorations for £40. Anyone bought a set or recommend from somewhere ?

Ive already got casa end caps so could just buy the rest but tends to work out dearer by the looks.. Cheers.
Canny lass, Geordie girl, he gave her pints and fags and grub and shorts. Canny lass, Geordie girl, she gave him earache and penal warts,Penal warts.

User avatar
victor
registered user
Posts: 542
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:09 pm
ebay user ID: scooter_SS180
Main scooter: Tv175 but currently a SS210 :)
Location: London, UK
Contact:

Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:44 am

Boothy_the_makem wrote:Am after a good quality grey floor kit for my li special. Ive noticed full set from scooter restorations for £40. Anyone bought a set or recommend from somewhere ?

Ive already got casa end caps so could just buy the rest but tends to work out dearer by the looks.. Cheers.
Image
scootrs left, casa lambretta right by wheredowegonowbutnowhere, on Flickr

These are the ones I ordered from 2 different manufacturers for my Tv... Quite a difference in appearance...

User avatar
Boothy_the_makem
registered user
Posts: 437
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:15 pm
Playstation gamer tag: Phantomkiller_uk
Main scooter: modded t5 classic wi a parker
Contact:

Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:42 pm

Cheers victor . I was in work today and ended up phoning scooter restorations and ordering the full kit. Needed some side panel handle roll pins as well and wanted them delivered ready for my next days off :)

Typically i didnt realise i was watching scootopia set and got a ebay reminder on my phone not long after .
Interesting you posted that pic with scootrs looking better than casa . Look at the pictures and description here

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewit ... 2682793479


Hope the ones ive ordered are good ???
Canny lass, Geordie girl, he gave her pints and fags and grub and shorts. Canny lass, Geordie girl, she gave him earache and penal warts,Penal warts.

User avatar
victor
registered user
Posts: 542
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:09 pm
ebay user ID: scooter_SS180
Main scooter: Tv175 but currently a SS210 :)
Location: London, UK
Contact:

Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:21 pm

Boothy_the_makem wrote:Cheers victor . I was in work today and ended up phoning scooter restorations and ordering the full kit. Needed some side panel handle roll pins as well and wanted them delivered ready for my next days off :)

Typically i didnt realise i was watching scootopia set and got a ebay reminder on my phone not long after .
Interesting you posted that pic with scootrs looking better than casa . Look at the pictures and description here

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewit ... 2682793479


Hope the ones ive ordered are good ???
I'm sure they will be fine, the ones I got were from scootopia/casa a year ago but it seems as if they are now being reproduced using new machinery with the innocenti logo :)

Interestingly enough scootrs are proud enough to put their logo instead of the innocenti logo on their items...

The floorboards to be honest is one of the better scootrs products I've received, with many others being ok but not more.

Please post some photos when they arrive so that everyone knows what to expect from different retailers. Scooter restorations is probably my favourite UK dealer, always receiving top quality items and service from them, so obviously curious on this item.

User avatar
Boothy_the_makem
registered user
Posts: 437
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:15 pm
Playstation gamer tag: Phantomkiller_uk
Main scooter: modded t5 classic wi a parker
Contact:

Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:53 pm

Yeah i will post some pics up next week after me shifts. Ordered a stack of parts last night anorl so it should be like christmas over the next few days :)



Scratch that. Better than xmas. Lambretta parts v socks n boxers no contest :D
Canny lass, Geordie girl, he gave her pints and fags and grub and shorts. Canny lass, Geordie girl, she gave him earache and penal warts,Penal warts.

camel
registered user
Posts: 534
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:48 pm
Contact:

Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:10 am

Boothy_the_makem wrote:Yeah i will post some pics up next week after me shifts. Ordered a stack of parts last night anorl so it should be like christmas over the next few days :)



Scratch that. Better than xmas. Lambretta parts v socks n boxers no contest :D
text me then post the same question.....feel all used now

User avatar
Boothy_the_makem
registered user
Posts: 437
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:15 pm
Playstation gamer tag: Phantomkiller_uk
Main scooter: modded t5 classic wi a parker
Contact:

Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:19 am

camel wrote:
Boothy_the_makem wrote:Yeah i will post some pics up next week after me shifts. Ordered a stack of parts last night anorl so it should be like christmas over the next few days :)



Scratch that. Better than xmas. Lambretta parts v socks n boxers no contest :D
text me then post the same question.....feel all used now

Haha i posted it up here first then i remembered your supertune and what a fussy fooker you are lol. And you said scoot resto so took yer advice ;)
Canny lass, Geordie girl, he gave her pints and fags and grub and shorts. Canny lass, Geordie girl, she gave him earache and penal warts,Penal warts.

User avatar
Toddy
registered user
Posts: 4828
Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:01 am
Main scooter: Lambretta Series 1
Location: East Yorkshire
Contact:

Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:04 am

I have used the Scooter restorations ones for both series 3 and series 2 all good quality :D
As my Dad used to say "Each to their own lad"

User avatar
Boothy_the_makem
registered user
Posts: 437
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:15 pm
Playstation gamer tag: Phantomkiller_uk
Main scooter: modded t5 classic wi a parker
Contact:

Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:10 pm

ok, heres the pics of my new and old floor runners, the light grey are the old ones.

the new ones are casa and have a bad spot on each one where the mould was injected by the looks, whereas the old ones dont,

i am seriously considering cleaning up the originals and using them, it depends on which ones match the casa grey body kit ,


Image
Canny lass, Geordie girl, he gave her pints and fags and grub and shorts. Canny lass, Geordie girl, she gave him earache and penal warts,Penal warts.

User avatar
victor
registered user
Posts: 542
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:09 pm
ebay user ID: scooter_SS180
Main scooter: Tv175 but currently a SS210 :)
Location: London, UK
Contact:

Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:24 pm

Boothy_the_makem wrote:ok, heres the pics of my new and old floor runners, the light grey are the old ones.

the new ones are casa and have a bad spot on each one where the mould was injected by the looks, whereas the old ones dont,

i am seriously considering cleaning up the originals and using them, it depends on which ones match the casa grey body kit ,


Image
As you can see on the photos I posted above, that's exactly the same problem I had (poor moulding, colour mismatch) and mine were returned to scootopia.

Seriously, and I know I'm swearing in church, the scootrs ones are much better in terms of quality and colour matching.

Havent seen the other italian "innocenti" items yet but on photo they do seem great...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests