GS 160 with a p200?

Anything related to Vespas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Fux
Main scooter: li150 S2

I have to say that my SS180 engine runs realy sweet, but just doesn`t cut the mustard on the long hauls. Its realiable but a bit too slow, and its embarrasing riding on one lane roads (our norwegian motorways) as I have to stop all the time to let the traffic past.

I`m thinking of fitting a 200 lump, polini 210 alluminium, sip road.

I have a few questions before I start.

The main one being how a GS handles with a px in the rear and gs fork? Are there any issues in tracking?
Dryballs

Dont do it. It ruins a good scooter.

If you are keen, send me your engine and I'll send you my PX engine! I'm sure postage to New Zealand wont cost much?
Fux

Its a gs 160 motor with a crank made up from a gs flange and ss rod, with a ss barrel and 12v flywheel.

New Zealand?
Whitedeath
Main scooter: Maybe GS160(210) or something

Well, I got GS160 mk2 with PX 200 engine on it.
Engine has 210 alu polini (fitted), sip road, Polini venturi and 26mm dellorto.
Works fine and to be true, much nicer than originally was. You can trust that it takes you there and with big smile.
I have been thinking to replace main gear so that I could have more top speed. Engine has very much torque to do it.
You should use PX rim on rear end and GS rim on front. Then you will have no problems.
I have shortened PK fork with disk brake on it... I can recommend it to you too.

My opinion is that now my bike is something that Piaggio should have been done a long time ago. Nice lookin, powerful and good to drive. Forget those PX's ;)
Rich

I have a Mk2 with a standard P2 lump the only modification. It still runs GS front end/brakes. I have used both P range and GS rims on the back and have not noticed any real problems or differences with handling etc but I am used to riding tatty original scoots, some with bent frames and all with crap brakes so my standards are not too high!

It gets used for Rallies, town runs etc and I'm more than happy with it. Compared to a T5 that I owned a few years ago I cant throw it round corners so quickly and the front dives like any old Vespa when braking, but it cruises at 55-65mph full throttle for hours on end. And it doesn't matter if I drop it cos its a Vespa ;)
Fux

Haha!

Iv`e put the 200 lump on ice for the moment.

I bought a grand sport conversion pipe jobbie and modyfied a sip road. Goes pretty good now. It also gives me some left over cash for a paint job.
Whitedeath

Rich wrote: It gets used for Rallies, town runs etc and I'm more than happy with it. Compared to a T5 that I owned a few years ago I cant throw it round corners so quickly and the front dives like any old Vespa when braking, but it cruises at 55-65mph full throttle for hours on end. And it doesn't matter if I drop it cos its a Vespa ;)
That's where PK fork helps. With good racing shock and you can go on the corners as fast as you like.
Whitedeath

Fux wrote:Haha!

Iv`e put the 200 lump on ice for the moment.

I bought a grand sport conversion pipe jobbie and modyfied a sip road. Goes pretty good now. It also gives me some left over cash for a paint job.
:) so you think now ;) until you get that 200 engine on it :D
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information