etg fitting type K probe?

FAQ tech questions, please check if the answer to your question is in here before posting elsewhere.
soulsurfer

There's a boss there that you weld onto the pipe and then you tighten the nut with an olive onto that. All you need is in the picture.
Turn On, Tune In, Cop out!
coaster

I welded a nut over a hole on ther rear of ther down pipe 4" from the piston skirt. The stainless ferulle scews into the nut and you then position the tip of the probe to be half way into the pipe.
mnpes

eden wrote:Does anyone know the best way to fit one of these
http://thesensorconnection.com/sites/de ... 0Sheet.pdf

the probe has no jubilee clip, just a 1/8 inch NPT male thread.

would it be best to just use a nut on the inside of the exhaust and tighten it to that?

what is the required distance from the piston face for the probe and is best to have the tip of the probe in the center of the down pipe?
Hi Eden ~ You can weld a cylinder head/cowl nut to the pipe @ 1oomm from the piston wall ~ The 1/8" npt is virtually the same as a 1/8" bsp ~Both are tapered pipe threads~ So don"t try a use a normal tap ~ The tapping drill is 8.00 - 8.20mm ~ When you tap the nut ~ Dont tap it till all the tap thread goes through or you will lose the taper
I have found about 5mm protruding into the pipe is best ~ But different thermocouples vary ~ Like everything else on price ~ But once your up and running you can relate the temperature initially with plug-chops

If you want to lend my drill n tap your welcome ;)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information