QUATTRINNI KITS< COME ON WHO KNOWS THEM

Anything related to Vespas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
gin23deluxe
Main scooter: 65 golden special, Tv2,2 gps

Hi People
Id love yo build a 172 Quattrinni based motor, but there virtually nothing out there, even cam lam want well over £400 just for the top end with virtually f@@k all info, even quattrinni s site s got nothing, it s a tad of a p155 take really....
So who has fitted one and what, do you need there crank or pipe.
Ive got a GS150 running a px motor with a polini ally kit, MMW REED VALVE, REWORKED CRANK, TUNED, JL pipe but it jumps in third (only third under load) an allegedly done a 1000 miles (not long had it) it goes ok, but not much over 65 i doubt. so its gotta be pulled and rebuilt..... SO WHAT DO PEOPLE KNOW ON THE QUATTRINNI KIT s, anything.... Our club is full of Lambretta snobs an getting a vespa the s**t there giving me, especially as it broke down on the way to modrapheniacs on the weekend (roadside repair, pin fell out the selector arm) So I need to give em a run for there money, TS1 b@11@x (lol i ve got one)
Please post your experiences
cheers Mark 8-)
gadgetman

I've got the M1 XL reed valve 172. Its fantastic but there is quite a lot of time & money that you need to spend to get the max out of it.
You need. :
casing welding to strengthen it around gearbox, plus to allow matching of transfers.
Banded Cosa clutch
Full circle Crank
All new bearings
Lightened flywheel
PWK carb ( Dellorto and Mikuni too big)
Custom made air filter (- carb faces rear wheel so needs one fitting)
Fuel pump
M-tec advance retard
RZ mark 1 right hand exhaust
centre plug head cowl
to be on the safe side , a CHT guage and rev counter
Dyno set up ( Chiselspeed at Leeds have done a few of these)
and once you've done all that you will realise that you need new PK type forks so you can fit a hydraulic disc brake so that you can actually slow the thing down.
Mine is on a 1963 GL( PX 125 engine casing ) which is 35 kg ( 5 stone) lighter than a GP Lambretta and with mid twenties BHP and high teens lbs/ft torque is more than a match for common Ts1 or RB's
gin23deluxe
Main scooter: 65 golden special, Tv2,2 gps

Hi gadgetman, thats sounding good, can do most of that, where exactly do you need to weld the casings, where did you buy all the stuff from, really would like to get this nailed, the g.s has had a pk front conversion all be it poor, so i need to redo that as the fronts well high (almost like a chopper) but I got bottom end of some disc forks i can engineer in.... Like the match for a TS1 most out there dont put out 24/25 bhp despite what the owners say, average is prob 18-22..... thanks gadget man, would mind having a chat
cheers mark
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information