Crank swap.

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
lammy mark
Main scooter: Series 3 Special s type rep.

I have a series 3 LI engine. I have just discovered that the crank is wrecked. A good mate has donated a GP 200 crank, mag bearing & a flywheel. What else will I need to upgrade / replace in terms of seals & bearings ?

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated ;)

Cheers,

Mark
J1MS

If its an early Six pole, points LI stator, you will need a later type stator to go with the flywheel ( unless thats already with the GP flywheel) because the internal diameter of the stator is smaller on a points LI than on a GP, (because of the GP boss diameter) and that can cause problems....
eibargum
Main scooter: Vespa PX210 Polini

If its an Indian crank it would be wise to have the bigend bearing changed, better safe than sorry.
lammy mark

J1MS wrote:If its an early Six pole, points LI stator, you will need a later type stator to go with the flywheel ( unless thats already with the GP flywheel) because the internal diameter of the stator is smaller on a points LI than on a GP, (because of the GP boss diameter) and that can cause problems....

Sorry.. I should have mentioned that I have a new 12 Volt S.I.L. stator to go in... the old one had been partially sheared.
andylaw7

sounds good enough to go just bear in mind that the crank your mate has supplied has got the bearing race on it . and the mag flange has gp bearing to suit said race track .
lammy mark

Thanks for the advice. :D
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information