Casa "Jimmy" exhaust 48mm conversion on a 230cc motor.

FAQ tech questions, please check if the answer to your question is in here before posting elsewhere.
jaymarriott
Main scooter: 1961 TV2

Morning all,

I'm in a discussion regarding a Casa "Jimmy" style exhaust.
I am building a 230cc engine for a friend who has decided he wants to try one of these exhaust's but converted to a 48mm downpipe.

Has anyone done this or know of anyone who has done it as we'd be interested to know the outcome...

Cheers.
coaster

I would have thought it would be a bit restrictive :?
Muttley McLadd

Does your friend know anything about scooters?
CakeAndArseParty
jaymarriott

Please explain.
Muttley McLadd wrote:Does your friend know anything about scooters?
RICSPEED

to be a little more polite ... i guess the real question is ...why build a 230 to then fit such a restrictive pipe?? ...a better solution would be use a curly type pipe( jl ...jahspeed ..etc) and then try and disguise it as a jimmy pipe .... ;)
Its in bits scooter club: www.facebook.com/groups/132415046859320
Muttley McLadd

Your 'friend' is splashing out on a 230 motor, built by someone else, yet wants to fit what is quite possibly the shitest exhaust ever made.

I've got one of those dodgey indion gearboxes with the massive gap between third and fourth. Would he like that to go in it too?
CakeAndArseParty
jaymarriott

That's what I thought Ricspeed,

Though you do hear of people who chop and change exhaust's so they look better or perform better than they did, like Casa have done a standard box with a 42mm downpipe on it to give it a bit more power.

My thought's would be to use at least a 48mm Avanti exhaust due to past experience and being really happy with it but he wanted to try something different.

Muttley,
The reason I started this thread is to get some advice from people who may have tried something like this before, so I can advise my mate even more by not throwing his time and money away.

Going by the general attitude of your replies, I guess your looking to start an argument, which I have no interest at all, sorry.
cezeta

im not a fan of these pipes but as the sort of person that spends 2 1/2 grand on an engine then to fit a filter and a clubman.......i cant really criticise.

i would wait until mb and scooter centre produce their new clubman and then have the megaphone grafted onto it. if the chrome does not fall off before then.
sydduckett

Muttley McLadd wrote:Your 'friend' is splashing out on a 230 motor, built by someone else, yet wants to fit what is quite possibly the shitest exhaust ever made.

I've got one of those dodgey indion gearboxes with the massive gap between third and fourth. Would he like that to go in it too?
ha ha :D
gerryjunior
Xbox live gamer tag: no
Playstation gamer tag: no
Main scooter: lambretta li 2

I tried this with my s type , 42 mil cone cut from a big bore and fixed to an original sito jimmy type exhaust , it sounded nice but was pure crap , as ric says too restricted , i swapped it for a gori and it was like warp speed in comparison,, that was too loud so im on an ancillotti at the the minute ,, dosent rev as high as the gori but i can live with the noise,,, ill sell him my attempt but i dont think he'll thank me for it ,, its nice and shiney red though..
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information