t5 crank is shagged which one shall i buy

Anything related to Vespas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
cezeta

a long stroke one from the father land would be nice but at alpha crank prices its out of my poverty limit.

i cant find any one selling genuine ones but pm a selling a "piaggio race crank"for the t5

any thoughts.

"Genuine Piaggio part this crankshaft is now supplied as a race crank by Piaggio. Manufactured in Italy by a well know crank manufacture for Piaggio improved silver coated big end cage with polished induction cut-outs.complete with small end bearing "

i need it back on the road for the weekend otherwise ill have to put modern vespa stickers on my suzuki and ride the clutch so it sound like an auto.......or my ace face status is ruined :o

https://www.pmtuning.co.uk/Merchant2/me ... 25ENGINET5
cezeta

......anyone???? :wtf:
vesbrettas

these i believe are mec cranks ive used a few and seem ok but one thing to watch is the clutch keyway is in the wrong place on the ones ive used meaning that the drive gear for the auto lube dosent sit on the key properly, on the ones ive fitted i disconected the autolube
Donnie
Main scooter: Lambretta Eibar Series 2

ditto, I know there are a load of mec ones with the keyway in the wrong place if you want to continue using the autolube, I informed at least 3 different suppliers of this about 3 years ago!! Last genuine one I got hold of was from Bedlams in Bedford 3 year ago!
Donnie.
cezeta

:wtf: how do you mean in the wrong place? ive ordered one and yes its a mec crank but how do i identify if this is going to be a problem and is there a cure?
soullad
Dealer

Its hard to tell without measuring up and comparing against known good cranks tbh and you'll only really know when fitting your crank tbh. When you slide on your oil drive gear and mesh it with the oil drive shaft you'll notice it doesn't sit properly over the woodruff key. Don't be tempted to enlarge the keyway in the gear or grind down the woodruff key - a tight mate did this, and trashed his big end / clutch etc etc
You disconnect the autolube at the tank / carb end, and mix your petroil in the tank old school. Also if you want you can also use the spacer washer found in the earlier P ranges in place of the oil drive gear. Note, it might need reducing in diameter a touch. This'll stop the oil drive shaft turning.
cezeta

you gotta love scooters :roll:

i only went this route as there is nobody round my way (windsor) that could re rod the old crank and time is not on my side, i should be riding this pile nuts and bolts to iow at the weekend.

i only discovered the issue on sunday when i stripped the motor but hadnt anticipated a new crank

five scooters and not one roadworthy :oops:

if i keep the cog/spacer and take off the other cog thats sits on the peg with the circlip will that be ok as i dont have an old spacer washer
cezeta

well thanks guys, i would have just bolted this in and not had an oil feed if i hadnt had this feedback :?

here they both are

gaz_powell

thats a good end to a thread for cezeta

nice one vesbrettas/donnie and soullad
Donnie
Main scooter: Lambretta Eibar Series 2

What's annoying is that when I informed one of the suppliers their attitude was to make sure the clutch was done up tight and that would ensure the oil cog would turn :freak: :freak: :freak:
Donnie.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information