Too Hot for your carb rubber ?

FAQ tech questions, please check if the answer to your question is in here before posting elsewhere.
Torco225
Main scooter: Lambretta TS1 225

After havin a chat with an engine builder at Donington Park race meeting about carb rubbers slipping off or splitting or even just being crap I've come up with a little innovation that just might work to combat that dreaded sound of the engine dieing on the long ride home from a Rally, and then when the panel is removed there is the carb dangling on the footboard ha ha ha .

take a look http://www.addo-pix.com/lambretta-ts1-service.html :idea:

if it works please let me know , if it don't please don't come looking for me with a gun at Cleggy :oops:

Rich
RICSPEED

it would be a reet barsteward to drill the clip i think if you needed to renew it ;)
Its in bits scooter club: www.facebook.com/groups/132415046859320
Tosh

well i`m too bloody sick of my carb rubber coming lose i`ve tried differant rubbers,(who her misses )tried diff jubilee clips still the problem persists,i`ve just got back from a ride out tonight and its loose again and the clips are still tight i`ve even split rubbers when trying to keep the carb on What do i do :?
Ricko

Hi m8,
Could you not bracket off the carb to the frame somehow? I've a feeling this has been done in the past, but can't remember who............perhaps someone on here will?
Rick.
Tosh

Hi Rick,
doing it that way would that not defeat the object of having a rubber mounted carb/solid mounted
soullad
Dealer

Tosh wrote:well i`m too bloody sick of my carb rubber coming lose i`ve tried differant rubbers,(who her misses )tried diff jubilee clips still the problem persists,i`ve just got back from a ride out tonight and its loose again and the clips are still tight i`ve even split rubbers when trying to keep the carb on What do i do :?
Tosh -MB racetour carb rubbers come recommended. They have the correct lips / grooves / depths etc to your carb. Most dellys, Mikunis etc covered.
Bilko
Main scooter: LI150

soullad wrote: Tosh -MB racetour carb rubbers come recommended. They have the correct lips / grooves / depths etc to your carb. Most dellys, Mikunis etc covered.
I've got these. Excellent fit
Bilko's Oily Blog

Directionally dysfunctional since 1966
Tosh

thanks soullad an bilko for the replies will have a look on site, things may be looking up ;)
Torco225
Main scooter: Lambretta TS1 225

Hi guys I've been using my silicone hose rubber for a few years now and it has never fallen off ( well unless I forgot to actually put the clip on a test ride once :oops: )
Just lately on a few weds night and weekend rides a few lads have had there rubbers slip off and must say they are all the above MB/Mallosi etc etc .
I think it's whatever people prefer if it works for your Lammie then stick with it , the heat , vibration is the main issue here and I just thought how to over come it in a simple way that most can possibly achieve at home in there shed/workshop.

I've got mine done now have a look ( http://www.addo-pix.com/lambretta-ts1-service.html ) with the drilled clips and a m4 cap screws in the manifold and carb so will post up here if I find any problems with it .

cheers Rich
Tosh

Well chaps iv`e just bought some of this Blue Silicone Fuel & Oil Hose Elbow 90 Degree 35mm from autoperformanceonline,
and i can get 2/3 lengths from each side of the bend,done about 60/70 miles on the bumpy roads round coppull in lancs and still solid (tempting fate) not bad for £11.00
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information