End plate problem

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
CPH Lambretta
Main scooter: DL 150 1970

Can I safely run an engine with only 5 end plate studs?
Reason I ask is that I was just building my gearbox and the area around one of the endplate studs just crumbled. Its the one in the No.1 position if that makes a difference.
Anyone tried it or will I be risking my neck?
Slow is the new fast!
10 inch Terror
Xbox live gamer tag: No.
Playstation gamer tag: PLEASE!
Main scooter: Lambretta LI Imola 185

I would'nt mate , if Inoccenti thought 5 was adequate they would of only fitted 5 in the first place. I would get the damaged area repaired. it would'nt cost much and it would give you peace of mind too.
shocky

i depends really if its standard then i wouldnt have thought it would give any problems as long as the rest are ok,maybe you can drill through the case and tap it out to m7 as i have done in the past theres a thick lug behind there so shouldnt be a problem
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
Philipp
Dealer

that won't work. Even not if the bike is Li 125 standard. Isn't there enough meat around thte hole left to do a Timsert or Helicoil or something like that?
philipp@scooter-center.com
0049 (0) 2238 -307459
CPH Lambretta
Main scooter: DL 150 1970

Thanks for the replys.
I think I'm just going to have to bite the bullet and find someone that can weld it.
The whole area around the top left stud hole just crumbled, theres nothing there to repair.
That will teach me to buy a well used indian block :roll: when will I ever learn :oops:
Slow is the new fast!
10 inch Terror
Xbox live gamer tag: No.
Playstation gamer tag: PLEASE!
Main scooter: Lambretta LI Imola 185

When i had my Italian case welded the welder told me that the metal used to make the casing was excellent and easy to weld. It may not be the case with the Indian casing though. Good luck with whatever you decide to do. Pete
mark

had a lot of indian casings welded by chris at cs engineering
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information