Wont pull in 4th

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
fatherjackhacket
Main scooter: T5,Li

I have a gp 200 indian engine with gp gearing and indian box all rebuilt with quality bearings etc, 28 mil dell open mouth running 122-125 main, av264 atomiser x7 needle middle clip, sterling pipe, pulls lovely first 3 gears and will pull oki in 4th when cold, then just doesnt want to know in 4th when its warm...At first i thought the barrel/ piston was at fault, (second hand stage 4 barrel piston) Ive borrowed a mates 225 top end (thats why there is a varying main jet size) and same again, plug colur is ok and it starts and ticks over ok when cold or hot, only think I haven't checked is the timing since it was originally done...Its really starting to get on mi tits now...Any pointers would be gratefully received... :wtf: :bald: :cry:
Last edited by fatherjackhacket on Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
goldeneye

is it a genuine GP200 gearbox? some late GP"s. and vijays etc, had the 150 gearbox fitted, and with that sprocket set up (18x47) fourth gear will be dire. seen a couple like this, change of gearbox to GP200 transformed the scooter.
soosh
Main scooter: GP RS200 Iron barrel

Try 118 main with x13 needle on 2nd clip.
Thats what i run.
mark

Sounds like a gp 150 box to me
Muttley McLadd

There's an indion box with a ludicrously high fourth. It's called a vijay super mk2 or something similar.
I've got one if someone wants it for the price of postage. An amusing practical joke!?!
CakeAndArseParty
fatherjackhacket

Many thanks to all for your time and help that gives me alot to go at before I ring the samaritans :shocking: or reach for the biggest hammer i can find :flaming:
Last edited by fatherjackhacket on Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
soosh
Main scooter: GP RS200 Iron barrel

Chances are it will be ok,it all turns out good in the end.But yeh,a hammer cetainly helps cos i hate letting a pile of metal get the better of me too.
fatherjackhacket

Just whipped the gearbox out and it is a vijay 150 box many thanks for all yours help once again :anbrgin;
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information