Remade series 2 legshields (and side panels?)

If you want to tell us about or ask about a standard spec or restoration project....post it here.
The prisoner
Main scooter: Serveta Jet 200

Hi,
my series 2 Eibar winter model is bent and twisted everywhere :shock:
But now, i want to finish this project (don't know when :roll: )
My set of legshields need to be changed so if i don't find a good second hand set, i'll go for a remade one.
Do you know if there are good ones on the market? And how much they cost?
I've seen a famous dealer in Portsmouth have on their website: someone used them?
Same question for a pair of series 2 side panels if the cost of reapair them is too expensive :mrgreen:
Cheers.
WINTERMODEL150
Main scooter: lambretta ld auto

Hi,try to stick with the original bodywork if possible, and get it repaired as you'll find that it will atleast fit when you come to fit it all up,but remember to do a dry build before its pained.

Regards Dean.
The prisoner
Main scooter: Serveta Jet 200

WINTERMODEL150 wrote:Hi,try to stick with the original bodywork if possible, and get it repaired as you'll find that it will atleast fit when you come to fit it all up,but remember to do a dry build before its pained.

Regards Dean.
Cheers for advice Dean but my project is so twisted/bent in every corner (even frame is not straight) that the ammount of work make me thinking of buying an other one as a reserve of spare parts!
Dry built will be done, don't be affraid.
WINTERMODEL150
Main scooter: lambretta ld auto

Hi,sent me a pic then?i did a winter model a couple of years back and i love them....just remember anything can be done given time and the skills....take a look at the pics of me LD in show us ya scoots/auto section....that was lots of work,take ya time fella its worth it.

Regards Dean
cuttingedge1

Original series 2 bodywork appears to be very scarce at the moment. I'm currently building an Italian 61 series 2 (with a hint of Rallymaster ;) ) I started with just a bare frame and it took me 3 months to source all the bodywork. I wasn't happy with the remade stuff, usual fitment and quality issues, so stuck to sourcing original. Keep checking e-bay, I got some excellent legshields (think they were about £130) and some NOS rear running boards (around £60). It might be worth putting an advert in the wanted on here (if you haven't already), a very helpful guy in Belgium came up with a very good pair of series 2 side panels for 180 euros.
Stick at it, it'll all come good in the end, and it'll save you chucking your remade panel work at the garage wall when they dont fit :D
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information