Front sprocket options

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
leehuggy72

evening guys

could someone tell me if i have the best sprocket combination on my muggy 186..
I have a scootrs exhaust on it with an Li 150 italian box 16x46 sprockets..

i'm still only running her in so i haven't really give it any throttle..
i'm having to open the engine up as i have an issue with the rear wheel and need to check the endplate so while i do it i want to be sure i have the right gearbox setup..

cheeers lee
jonny snatchsniffer

if its the pacemaker should be good, try it and see, but i would have a 15 on a standard li150 box
leehuggy72

Right so, correct me if i'm wrong.. 5.22 on a 15 front sprocket, and 4.98 on a 16

Will this make a notible difference,don't get me wrong i'm not after getting an extra 2 mile an hour, just want the best for the engine gearbox..

is a scootrs exhaust basically a pm copy.. ?
paulski

leehuggy72 wrote:Right so, correct me if i'm wrong.. 5.22 on a 15 front sprocket, and 4.98 on a 16

Will this make a notible difference,don't get me wrong i'm not after getting an extra 2 mile an hour, just want the best for the engine gearbox..

is a scootrs exhaust basically a pm copy.. ?
yeah i ran my muggy 186 with li150 box and15/46 with a remade fresco,it was sweet and revved out forever, your pipe is more on the revvy side so you will find that 16 front sprocket is just a little too tall and you will prob spend alot of time thrashing it in 3rd gear,overall ride will be much nicer with the 15 and should cruise at 60/65 just in the power band with a little more on tap.
ForemanBob
Main scooter: GP RT230

For that pipe, it's generally recommended to have a final ration of about 5.3, so your 15 46 combination would look to be spot on.

With the 16 on the front, probably every time you hit a incline you will have to drop a gear.

OK if you live in Lincolnshire. :mrgreen:
red
Main scooter: Scomadi TL 250 (Ltd Ed No.3)

ForemanBob wrote:For that pipe, it's generally recommended to have a final ration of about 5.3, so your 15 46 combination would look to be spot on.

With the 16 on the front, probably every time you hit a incline you will have to drop a gear.

OK if you live in Lincolnshire. :mrgreen:
It's only the south of the county that's flat ;) :)
I do not try to explain why I ride Lambrettas,
For those who understand, no explanation is necessary,
For those who don't, no explantion is possible.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information