BGM Rear Light Reflector

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Bilko
Main scooter: LI150

Are these going to made so they can go straight on a GP without any modification?
Bilko's Oily Blog

Directionally dysfunctional since 1966
dapper
Main scooter: The Biriani Bullet

I understand they are Rob, but don't hold your breath if you are in a hurry. Got that frame welded yet :D From waht I've seen of your scoot, it'll be a while before you'll need one ;) :D (Oh, and I think Timbo converted one to fit his Injun GP :shock: )
Compact Toolbox Flywheel Holder
Bilko

Oh well never mind. I'll bodge! (as usual!) It's for the 250 which I really want on the road asap!

The LI is hopefully getting welded soon. Then a spray job and the Muggy 225 engine is going back in. So I really doubt that will be road worthy for a long time.
Bilko's Oily Blog

GP Kevo
Main scooter: 1969 150 DL / GP225 TS1

Ask Lofty if he will produce his LED rear light board for GP.
coaster

It's really simple to convert a GP rear light housing to take the LED but it is a non-reversable process. You just need to carefully cut the raised part of the reflector off (I used a wood saw) so that it is level with the outside of the housing and then use plastic metal to glue the LED board into the housing taking care not to bridge the copper strips on the rear of the board with ther filler (just in case it is conductive enough to cause problems.

Whole job took 30 minutes 8-)
Bilko

Thank you.
Bilko's Oily Blog

Andy Pickering
Main scooter: GP

coaster wrote:It's really simple to convert a GP rear light housing to take the LED but it is a non-reversable process. You just need to carefully cut the raised part of the reflector off (I used a wood saw) so that it is level with the outside of the housing and then use plastic metal to glue the LED board into the housing taking care not to bridge the copper strips on the rear of the board with ther filler (just in case it is conductive enough to cause problems.

Whole job took 30 minutes 8-)
;) ..at least I know what to do with the one I have under my work bench now.. ;)
Ricspeed, gone but never forgotten RIP my friend #59
Andy Pickering
Main scooter: GP

Lam46 wrote: ..at least I know what to do with the one I have under my work bench now..
I had a little play today with mine on an old GP back light I have..No cutting just sat back plate flush in the curve of the casing,pre-drilled 2 holes then fixed it with self tapers and screw cups..it will sit closer to the lens but is fixed well so wont move, will fit to my light on the scoot and see what its like when I get the chance:

Ricspeed, gone but never forgotten RIP my friend #59
leehuggy72

Lam46 wrote:
Lam46 wrote: ..at least I know what to do with the one I have under my work bench now..
I had a little play today with mine on an old GP back light I have..No cutting just sat back plate flush in the curve of the casing,pre-drilled 2 holes then fixed it with self tapers and screw cups..it will sit closer to the lens but is fixed well so wont move, will fit to my light on the scoot and see what its like when I get the chance:

bilko, i did exactly the same as lam46, took me 10 mins to do. i also used two tiny blobs of silicone at the edge of the led board to be on the safe side..., knowing i would be able to peel off if change was needed :lol:
Frautzi

Do these work on none battery ac ? if so where do you get them and how much please

ta Jay
Better to keep quiet and be thought of as a D!ck Head, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information