ZIKES LAMBRETTA SERIES 2 TV175 FROM SWEDEN

If you want to tell us about or ask about a standard spec or restoration project....post it here.
RICSPEED

RELOCATED AS REQ :D
Zikes wrote: Here it is after picking it up and dropping it off in my temporary garage (1000 km journey).

The mileage was low.

Some special solutions to it...

The carb is an old Bing with 2x18 throttles. It was originally featured on an old Swedish Husqvarna machine known as silver arrow. I will probably keep it. Simple and effective can't go wrong.

Nice checkered flags on it from the beginning.

Some stage in the dismantling of everything. It's currently in the shop for some blasting and varnishing. It will probably be a dark slate grey color and perhaps some clean pinstriping on it.

The engine on the loose. It was running perfectly so I will probably wait until next winter to renovate this.

I hope you'll like it.
Zikes wrote:Hi again,

So, updates on the progress. Actually there hasn't been much progress with the TV. Instead I decided to learn how to weld with a MIG. So I built myself a nice engine holder. Not perhaps the most useful tool but it will probably still come handy now and then.

Here it is in its red glory.

Before I painted it I put it up so that you could see how it works. Note that a M10 screw is holding the engine from below and at the top I've added some big washers so that it can still be used if I replace the engine mount rubber.

Its in bits scooter club: www.facebook.com/groups/132415046859320
markwh45

NICE BIT OF KIT MATE :)
Soulpunk

was the check flag on legshield an importers specific feature ?
i :?:
Zikes

Soulpunk wrote:was the check flag on legshield an importers specific feature ?
i :?:

I don't know. I don't think so. On the Swedish forum where I also have posted this they've been suprised by them too. They were attached with double-sided tape, so I doubt they're an original extra part. Probably one of the very first owners found them and stuck them to the shield.
Lambretta TV 175 S2 - 1960
PanosK

Your first movements are carefully designed (I like your kit).
Looking forward to your updates
http://vespaclubvolos.com
http://www.lambretta-club.gr
Li 150 II - Li 150 III - TV 175 III - SX 200 - DL 150 - Lui 50 - Rally 200 - Vespa 50s
Zikes

Stuff from SSP: Took some time and for us Swedes it's damn expensive to order from the UK.

Sandblasting gently worked out fine. Work not done by me but the guy who'll do all the bodywork.

Some more gear:

The frame.

Hopefully the base paint (correct term?) will be done by the week or so and then it'll take another couple of weeks for the varnish to be completed.
Neilly67
Main scooter: 1963 TV200

Any more pics of that dual seat mate - it looks the business.
Zikes

Hi, sorry for the late reply. There haven't been much progress to document. The painter's doing his job and I hope to have it back home somewhere around next weekend or so.

The seat looking back at me... :-)

In another view:

The seat is an Aquila (correct?) and the frame was pretty nice but the leather rather crappy so I will buy a new cover (it's at roughly €90 if I remember correctly).

The color of the bike will be RAL 7031 (Google image search)

As soon as I get any more information you guys will be the first to know.
Take care!
Zikes

Seat from the top

Seat from the bottom (The sign says Aquila Continentale).

I spoke with the guy doing the paint job and I'll be able to retrieve it from him during the easter.
Zikes

I went to pick it up from the paint job, unfortunately the camera in the mobile phone didn't agree with me on taking lots and lots of pictures so I only have this one. It has been transported to Stockholm now and after this crazy work week I'll have plenty of time for it. It has been named Sprufs (a simple nonsense name from a dog in a Swedish "mocumentary").
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information