Engine cut out

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
kejj

Hi folks.

I've been having problems with my Lambretta for a little while

Story.
My fuel tank got clogged up from dirt inside the tank. changed it and gave my tank some cleaning, Scoot still didn't run well so I clean the carb. Scoot runned fine when tested but the next day it wouldn't stay on idle or responde to throttle, instead it died when I tried to use the throttle.

Cleaned the carb another time and the same result.

Then i dismantled everything, user high compression air to clean out the tank and now it's almost perfectly clen., Cleaned out the fast flow fuel tap, the carb and the jets. Changed to a new Jetex carb with dell'orto jets according to the tips in another post I made. Added a new 6mm inner fuel line of good quality and added a in-line filter. Put everything together and the scoot fired up on 3rd kick and idled fine. Although while testing it I realized I have the problem that the scoot doesn't respond well to throttle and occasionally tries to die but I always managed to keep it going by hitting the clutch and trying to rev it up with the throttle. until halfway to my mot were it startet to cut out as if it got fuel starvation or the engine gets killed.

The tank is clean, the carb is new, the Jets are upgraded, the fuel tap flows fuel at constant speed.

I am clueless to this now. I always thought it was a fuel starvation problem.

Other stuff I've done before this problem showed up and since the scoot runned perfectly fine before winter parking.
I have changed headset top and put a new lamp in from beedspeed. I tried to fix some room for the cabled in the lamp holder junction box. I've added a Disc brake in the front. I routed a cable so the discbrake activates the rear brake light.
I've added a exhaust gasket between exhaust and exhaust port since the last owner forgot to put anything there and the scoot was leaking slightly. Aded new exhaust nuts.
Of course the plug is changed without any difference.

The scoot is a S3 with and GP200 SIL engine and 12v Indian electronic, it has a Jetex 22mm Carb with 50 starter jet, 123 main jet and 50 choke jet from del'orto.

Related topics:
http://scooterotica.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=11084
http://scooterotica.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=10936
Last edited by kejj on Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
paulski

kejj wrote:Hi folks.

I've been having problems with my Lambretta for a little

Story.
My fuel tank got clogged up from dirt inside the tank. changed it and gave my tank some cleaning, Scoot still didn't run well so I clean the carb. Scoot runned fine when tested but the next day it wouldn't stay on idle or responde to throttle, instead it died when I tried to use the throttle.

Cleaned the carb another time and the same result.

Then i dismantled everything, user high compression air to clean out the tank and now it's almost perfectly clen., Cleaned out the fast flow fuel tap, the carb and the jets. Changed to a new Jetex carb with dell'orto jets according to the tips in another post I made. Added a new 6mm inner fuel line of good quality and added a in-line filter. Put everything together and the scoot fired up on 3rd kick and idled fine. Although while testing it I realized I have the problem that the scoot doesn't respond well to throttle and occasionally tries to die but I always managed to keep it going by hitting the clutch and trying to rev it up with the throttle. until halfway to my mot were it startet to cut out as if it got fuel starvation or the engine gets killed.

The tank is clean, the carb is new, the Jets are upgraded, the fuel tap flows fuel at constant speed.

I am clueless to this now. I always thought it was a fuel starvation problem.

Other stuff I've done before this problem showed up and since the scoot runned perfectly fine before winter parking.
I have changed headset top and put a new lamp in from beedspeed. I tried to fix some room for the cabled in the lamp holder junction box. I've added a Disc brake in the front. I routed a cable so the discbrake activates the rear brake light.
I've added a exhaust gasket between exhaust and exhaust port since the last owner forgot to put anything there and the scoot was leaking slightly. Aded new exhaust nuts.

The scoot is a S3 with and GP200 SIL engine and 12v Indian electronic, it has a Jetex 22mm Carb with 50 starter jet, 123 main jet and 50 choke jet from del'orto.