Lambretta performance without ruining your sex life

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Magalluf

Hi all

I have a Jet 200 totaly stock that is lets say it a bit slugish, my mates normaly have to stop and wait for me to catch up. So I have decided something has to be done. Problem is I live in Magaluf (Spain)and I can´t just drive up to a shop and buy parts and if my wife finds a bank statement showing I have splashed out 400 quid on a cylinder kit bang goes my sex life for the foreseeable future. So what can I do? I want to improve performance but I want to carry on getting me nuts in on a regular basis.
I have about 100 quid in my paypal account and localy we have some good machine shops, and obviously the wife wont complain to much if I spend 50 quid 1 month and 50 the next.
So any suggestions anyone

Cheers Steve (Shagaluf)
sean brady scooters
Dealer

mmm,perhaps save away £50 for a few months then,
and after say 6 months treat your scoot to a 30mm carb and fresco pipe... :lol:
Sean Brady Scooters - 01765 690 698
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

Is that home of BCM?? ;O)

I'd say keep an eye on eBay for a second hand pipe and carb, easy to bolt on and cheap.

Then, if you need more, have the cylinder mildly ported....that should be cheap and easy enough to live with.

Failing that, divorce the wife and spend as much as you like!! ;o))
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
Muttley McLadd

Exchange your wife for a different one.

Cheaper in the long run, and you know it.
CakeAndArseParty
GP Kevo
Main scooter: 1969 150 DL / GP225 TS1

Carb and pipe. Defo the way to go. But your wife will complain about the noise.
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

Magalluf wrote:...........if my wife finds a bank statement showing I have splashed out 400 quid on a cylinder kit bang goes my sex life for the foreseeable future. So what can I do? I want to improve performance but I want to carry on getting me nuts in on a regular basis. (Shagaluf)
Or spend £300 on scooter bits and save the rest for hookers! :lol: :lol:
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
biddy

my mates said they were drinking with you in a bar in santerder buda bar and he was singing something about his arse the irish lot :lol: :lol: :lol:
biddy

i think it was the gay /tran every one knew but shane ,[the silver devil] :frog:
Magalluf

My mate Dani bought a JL3 at the euro, maybe you would have seen us fitting it on saturday night. Anyway to save carting the old pipe home (NK) he gave it to me. You may have seen me walking around Gijon sunday carrying an NK everywhere I went (I flew home). I also have a Jetex 22 on the bike and a Dellorto PHBL26 lying around. I was thinking of buying a new crank and a Jap piston which I think would be a good idea only thing is which one Kawasaki, Suzuki etc also which would be better 58mm or 60mm.

cheers all

Steve (Magaluf)
fred

hello steve,i'm a regular visitor to palma nova,and saw a blue servetta last time i visited.
for me it'd have to be a 60mm crank,the black mec ones are fine. A mild tune and the nk pipes are very revvy.
I'd also get it strengthened where the can bolts on.
i'm coming over again on the 26th so may see you about.
cheers,fred
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information