ZIKES LAMBRETTA SERIES 2 TV175 FROM SWEDEN

If you want to tell us about or ask about a standard spec or restoration project....post it here.
Zikes

Hello again, long time no see...

I managed to get the scoot up and running as you can see. Unfortunately I didn't ride it too much before the winter.

Now I've decided to look into the engine since it seemed to have a bit too low compression. I've bought new cylinder rings (correct term?) and opened up the engine side to see how the clutch and everything is holding up.

Here are the images:

Kickstart side:

Chain looks a bit loose:

The clutch (gonna replace the cork at least). What's your opinion?

Some green paint that puzzles me. Any takes?

Last but not least I thought I'd share two pictures of some of the people (and scoots) challenging the weather on new years eve for the traditional rendezvous in Stockholm.

Crazy people... :-)
Lambretta TV 175 S2 - 1960
dapper
Main scooter: The Biriani Bullet

Zikes, I'd change that chain for a new one. It looks stretched beyond tensioning any further. And the rear sprocket has deep wear ridges where the clutch plates have worn grooves, so I'd suggest replacing that too, as it will give better clutch action. Replace the clutch corks (remember to soak them in the correct gear oil for at least 24 hours), but the steels will probably be OK. From what you are saying, it appears that you've done all the bodywork, spraying etc. but not really touched the engine. I would suggest a complete strip down and rebuild with all new quality bearings and seals. As for the compression in the top end, it would appear that the cylinder/piston have seen some wear and I would recommend a rebore and new oversize piston and rings or a light hone and new piston rings, correctly gapped. If you have any queries at all, just post some more threads on here as we're all glad to help.
Compact Toolbox Flywheel Holder
Neilly67
Main scooter: 1963 TV200

Any further updates with the rebuild Zikes?
jaymarriott
Main scooter: 1961 TV2

Looks amazing Zikes, love the colour :)
I'm also blown away with the support your getting from people on here.
Good luck with the rest of it brother.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information