ZIKES LAMBRETTA SERIES 2 TV175 FROM SWEDEN

If you want to tell us about or ask about a standard spec or restoration project....post it here.
onefortheroad
Main scooter: Li125 series 2

Think there is a piccy of a TV2 with that legshield badge in the book Mod- A very british phenomenon by Terry Rawlings- one where they are all lined up on the seafront
Zikes

Got it back home now. Noticed it's apparently a series 1 stand on it so I had to reuse the old brackets. Next weekend I'll continue on with cleaning up the engine and perhaps getting the fork in order. Might buy some new wheels too.
Lambretta TV 175 S2 - 1960
Zikes

I'm wondering if someone here can help.

I have the original locks to the TV but I don't have the keys. I've heard it's possible to get hold of new ones as long as you have the three digits on the locks.

Who should I turn to in order to get help with this and how much will it cost me?

Thanks!
Neilly67
Main scooter: 1963 TV200

onefortheroad wrote:Think there is a piccy of a TV2 with that legshield badge in the book Mod- A very british phenomenon by Terry Rawlings- one where they are all lined up on the seafront
The badges were manufactured in the USA in the early 60's ;)

Fireman Ash

Jem Booth is your man for keys for your original locks!! :D
Zikes

Thanks for the tip about Jem and the facts about the legshield sticker.

Last weekend I put together the front hub and ordered some parts in order to be able to complete the front fork, which I'll do tomorrow and the day after. It's really nice to start putting things back together and watch it grow instead of tearing it apart.

PanosK

In fact my friend this is the best part of the process.
Enjoy it :)
http://vespaclubvolos.com
http://www.lambretta-club.gr
Li 150 II - Li 150 III - TV 175 III - SX 200 - DL 150 - Lui 50 - Rally 200 - Vespa 50s
kejj

Hey Zikes!
How's it going? We're waiting for blue smoke pictures!
Zikes

Well, how is it going, you ask... It's moving along I say...

During midsummers eve (big celebration in Sweden) I found this bike that needed a quick fix to run while I was waiting for a couple of packages from Casa Lambretta and LTH.

This is the package from Casa Lambretta Sweden. Nice stuff in ther, perhaps not the best picture from my ironing board... :-)

After receiving some of the package from CLS and LTH I put together the front. Still waiting from the second package from LTH though.... Currently I'm working a lot on my regular job so the progress in the garage is perhaps not as good as I was hoping. Managed to get the new wheel together last time and next time I'll hopefully finish the stearing head (correct term?), as well as the rear light, ready.

Currently it's itching in my fingers getting it ready before something like 20/7 but it depends on the last package from LTH and possible working time I guess.....
Zikes

So, there's been som progress. Of course some delays as well.

I had some electrical problems but they were solved thanks to a great Swede in Hong Kong. I now use a more simple rectifier and it works out just nice. I'll loose the battery but that doesn't bother me.

A series 2 manual is also incorrect when it comes to gear cables. Sticky's manual seems more correct. Front to inner and back to outer, the manual clearly shows otherwise which isn't very good then...

Anyway I got the scooter started and that's always nice.

Here's the picture:

Here's the film:
http://zikes.se/bilder/lambretta/Sprufs.3gp

Enjoy!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information