how to make a DL 125 faster

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
sean brady scooters
Dealer

Sean Brady Scooters - 01765 690 698
soosh
Main scooter: GP RS200 Iron barrel

1960split wrote:thanks for the replies

as for how fast i want to go

i want to get it sorted so i can ride at about 55MPH to keep up with modern traffic

i dont want to mess with it too much as it starts 2nd kick everytime and runs nice just seems to run out of steam in 4th gear

is it worth checking the jetting to see if this is correct

i was told it had a 150 top end put on it but cant confirm this

thanks for your help
Mate,there are still dealers that sell good iron 175 kits that will bolt straight on and you can still run the 20mm carb,up gearing to 5.2 and run an AF bigbore.Not an expensive conversion and it sounds like all you need.Will be reliable if setup good like any engine.
1960split

soosh wrote: Mate,there are still dealers that sell good iron 175 kits that will bolt straight on and you can still run the 20mm carb,up gearing to 5.2 and run an AF bigbore.Not an expensive conversion and it sounds like all you need.Will be reliable if setup good like any engine.

like this ?

http://lambretta.co.uk/catalog/product_ ... ts_id=3357
soosh
Main scooter: GP RS200 Iron barrel

1960split wrote:
soosh wrote: Mate,there are still dealers that sell good iron 175 kits that will bolt straight on and you can still run the 20mm carb,up gearing to 5.2 and run an AF bigbore.Not an expensive conversion and it sounds like all you need.Will be reliable if setup good like any engine.

like this ?

http://lambretta.co.uk/catalog/product_ ... ts_id=3357
Exactly. Even AF sell a cheap stage 4 175 kit (i think).You can even still use your standard pipe if you really want to keep the cost down and still be better than what you have.
lee b

tried getting an af one from them a bit ago,said they dont do 'em anymore and they dont know when or if they are gonna do 'em again.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information