A fast Mugello 200

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
shamrockexpress

Yes gentlemen thats exactly what i want!
the set up...
I have aquired from my bro, a new mugello 200 cylinder i think its MK 1 as it has 4 point fixings(like std head) with 4 x positioning dowls.

I have a gp200 which i want to run as a fast streetbike at present its a stage 4 , clubman, 26mm phbh, lightened ducati flywheel, gp gearbox 18/47. goes well but a bit conservative for bertones streamlined grand prix chasiss IMO.

QUESTION:
Is anyone out there running a fully ported mugello (group 4 spec) i would appreciate some port timings or prefeably measurements of inlet and exhaust heights, can i redo the mugello head if so what comp ratio?? what about a racetour piston???? carb preference i want to keep it piston ported plus a good exhaust,,,,,,,,,I HAVE A NK EXPANSION ALSO A 28MM PHBH OR 34 AMAL PJ.

Is there any power to be gained with the components i have or do i forget it and keep my riding my polini 208 ;)
My neighbour is a top notch 2 stroke race bike tuner and says to get him some guidelines and he can take it from there......... :roll:
eibargum
Main scooter: Vespa PX210 Polini

It sounds to me that you,v got the V2, same as mine, [ on our lass,s GP] has it got the small boost port perchance. thier tame to say the least in standard form, i lifted and windend the exhaust port and took a mm or so of the inlet side of the piston and it tops out at 70mph :x [28mm phbh and KBA clubman] better than it was standard :D , hardly what your after though, if nobody comes up with what your after try ringing Chiselspeed, they,v done some good things with Mugello,s. Looking forward to reading the sugestions that come in :D .
Last edited by eibargum on Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RICSPEED

are you proposing to do the porting yourself or looking for a tuner to do it ?
Its in bits scooter club: www.facebook.com/groups/132415046859320
shamrockexpress

RICSPEED wrote:are you proposing to do the porting yourself or looking for a tuner to do it ?
My neighbour is a top notch 2 stroke race bike tuner and says to get him some guidelines and he can take it from there.........

Would there be anybody else INTERESTED IN THE JOB!!!!!!dont mind paying if they know what there doing after all it is a new kit!! :)
eibargum wrote:It sounds to me that you,v got the V2, same as mine, [ on our lass,s GP] has it got the small boost port perchance. thier tame to say the least in standard form, i lifted and windend the exhaust port and took a mm or so of the inlet side of the piston and it tops out at 70mph :x [28mm phbh and KBA clubman] better than it was standard :D , hardly what your after though, if nobody comes up with what your after try ringing Chiselspeed, they,v done some good things with Mugello,s. Looking forward to reading the sugestions that come in :D .
correct must be V2, are you happy with the piston,,,,,,,suppose its good enough for std form dont know about pushing it too far though???
My guess is theres alot of potential but how much?? :?:
paulmgreen
Main scooter: Lambretta Group 4 Race 200

Group 4 spec with standard piston...?? erm Nope!

Group 4 spec with NK ?? erm Nope!

Group 4 spec with 28mm Carb erm Nope !
YouTuve Vlog channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEhrgL ... vY_4Px2WTg

www.JPPLambretta.co.uk

Sponsors Replay Scooters JPPLambretta
eibargum
Main scooter: Vespa PX210 Polini

shamrockexpress wrote:
RICSPEED wrote:are you proposing to do the porting yourself or looking for a tuner to do it ?
My neighbour is a top notch 2 stroke race bike tuner and says to get him some guidelines and he can take it from there.........

Would there be anybody else INTERESTED IN THE JOB!!!!!!dont mind paying if they know what there doing after all it is a new kit!! :)
eibargum wrote:It sounds to me that you,v got the V2, same as mine, [ on our lass,s GP] has it got the small boost port perchance. thier tame to say the least in standard form, i lifted and windend the exhaust port and took a mm or so of the inlet side of the piston and it tops out at 70mph :x [28mm phbh and KBA clubman] better than it was standard :D , hardly what your after though, if nobody comes up with what your after try ringing Chiselspeed, they,v done some good things with Mugello,s. Looking forward to reading the sugestions that come in :D .
correct must be V2, are you happy with the piston,,,,,,,suppose its good enough for std form dont know about pushing it too far though???
My guess is theres alot of potential but how much?? :?:
Iam happy enough with the standerd piston, but iam not asking it to do too much, theres a guy comes on here called Mick Abbey who might be able to help you, ive heard good things about him, send him a PM maybe.
CPH Lambretta
Main scooter: DL 150 1970

I've heard theres a bloke called Charlie Edmunds thats pretty good with a Mugello ;)
Slow is the new fast!
Adspeed

CPH Lambretta wrote:I've heard theres a bloke called Charlie Edmunds thats pretty good with a Mugello ;)
:D Top man and brilliant at what he does for sure.

I've seen loads of fast road Muggellos done by Martin at Chiselspeed and they're quality and make the money. While some dealers went down the 'take an RB/TS1 make everything maaahhosssive and weld it to death' Martins Muggello tunes produce the power at a lot less hastle and cost......Either Charlie or an old schooler like Chisel for a proper piston port motor I'd say. :)
shamrockexpress

paulmgreen wrote:Group 4 spec with standard piston...?? erm Nope!

Group 4 spec with NK ?? erm Nope!

Group 4 spec with 28mm Carb erm Nope !
ok the piston and carb i can replace with a 34mm tm mikuni and a race tour piston!!!!!
Am i not right to say the NK PIPE IS FOR HIGH REVS??????
Adspeed

shamrockexpress wrote: ok the piston and carb i can replace with a 34mm tm mikuni and a race tour piston!!!!!
Am i not right to say the NK PIPE IS FOR HIGH REVS??????
You are right.

Compared to the lowest revving ADS pipe on a Monza 230.........

It ain't just about revs either......... ;)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information