Compression height on KH750 piston

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
sean brady scooters
Dealer

fair enough dave..............you go your own way matey......plough your own furrow and all that etc............and good luck to you.............
but just hope you realize that most folk will find it difficult to needlessly have to adapt to your specific way of doing things at times.........which can be a prob as in this case ,when asking questions and seeking advice...........
far better i would think,if you were to abandon your" new money" methods.......and to conform to traditional /tried and proven methods...............that most people understand...... :lol:
Sean Brady Scooters - 01765 690 698
J1MS

sean brady scooters wrote:fair enough dave..............you go your own way matey......plough your own furrow and all that etc............and good luck to you.............
but just hope you realize that most folk will find it difficult to needlessly have to adapt to your specific way of doing things at times.........which can be a prob as in this case ,when asking questions and seeking advice...........
far better i would think,if you were to abandon your" new money" methods.......and to conform to traditional /tried and proven methods...............that most people understand...... :lol:

You cant beat the good old fashioned Pounds ,Shillings & Pence measurement's...... so in old money how many inches was that compression height again ? :lol: :lol:
hobospeed

The easiest why I found to measure compression height was to put the pin in halfway, measure from the top of the pin to the crown edge and then add half of the pins diameter.
sean brady scooters
Dealer

1 and a 1/4 inch approx.......... :D
which equates to one of daves ploughed furrows(220 yards)...............as 1/6336th of a fourlong................ :lol:
Sean Brady Scooters - 01765 690 698
truls221

Dome is 3mm if I dont remember wrong.

though wiseco always specs their dome with a radius,
i have a drawing of this piston, but i have to look after it.
156 D

"hobospeed" is correct.... by the way you shouln`t mix metric with imperial....you should use one or the other...... :D

..............and can you tell me why it`s OK for only moderators to actually take the p155 and be sarcastic to someone who is trying to learn more?..........or is it a case of i know better?.....When i took the p155 out of someone who really deserved it, he will have to remain nameless....i got an e-mail saying don`t do that and also my post was deleted (to which i did agree at the time).....but now as it`s moderators it`s alright...........stinks a little to me......one should practice what you preach?...........am i being naughty again?...... :oops:
Nostalgia is a thing of the past!....
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

156 D wrote:"hobospeed" is correct.... by the way you shouln`t mix metric with imperial....you should use one or the other...... :D

..............and can you tell me why it`s OK for only moderators to actually take the p155 and be sarcastic to someone who is trying to learn more?..........or is it a case of i know better?.....When i took the p155 out of someone who really deserved it, he will have to remain nameless....i got an e-mail saying don`t do that and also my post was deleted (to which i did agree at the time).....but now as it`s moderators it`s alright...........stinks a little to me......one should practice what you preach?...........am i being naughty again?...... :oops:
Because your post was actually heated and done in anger due to a fall out with the chap in question....so i moderated it.......any posts Sean and i make that take the p155 are in gest and with good humour, as illustrated by the smilys we add. Im sure you'll agree we are willing and able to help whenever and wherever we can.....

So the answer to your question is....it aint what you do.....its the way that you do it. (bananarama i think?).
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
Andy Pickering
Main scooter: GP

and thats what gets results..... 8-) (i think thats how it went)
Ricspeed, gone but never forgotten RIP my friend #59
156 D

aaah!....so that`s it!............Lex Luthor in "Superman" 1978...........i expect your faults are in California as well?.... :lol:
Nostalgia is a thing of the past!....
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information