stator plate conversion to dc with rewound stator plate

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Philipp
Dealer

rbgaz wrote:what i cant get me head round is y is it we hav a firm like bgm making nice parts for our lammys cant make one which puts out decent watts ? ud thought somelike mb would say come on bgm u only makin these stators for lammys and sellin loads make them better u hav the toolin modern factory etc y cant they do it ?
hello,

mark asked me to post this for him. i do so happily and would like to ask you as well to get in contact to us with any sort of problems. there won't be 'we never heard of this problem before' and we are serious in getting things sorted out. as mark says, we have started to look into this problem.

From Mark:

All at MB Developments and Scooter Center Koln follow the forum
threads, well the ones worth following and not the bull s**t ones. So
we have followed every stator thread going and comments are noted.

Firstly we have sold over 800 stators in 10 ten months into the UK,
which is obviously excellent for both parties, we know of the ones
returned, which I estimate to be around 20-30 which is a very small
percentage.

Because we are the UK importers we get to know of any complaints which
isn't many, but as I've pointed out before there are too many arm
chair brave warriors on these forums who are to scared to talk face to
face or by phone. If this is the case then half the stuff you read on
a forum needs taking with a pinch of salt.

The snapped damper studs with BGM dampers is a perfect example, NO ONE
has come to us with damaged studs!

Back to the plot, as far as Im aware the stators are copies of the
Cosa stator, perhaps they don't give 120 watts of power, to be honest
I've never tested one, I know the people at SCK and work closely with
them on a daily basis and trust them to produce some excellent parts.
Some of these parts I get modified and improved, look at both shockers
I have asked for improvements and they got done.

We are looking into improving the stators but this takes time to do,
bare with us and if they can be improved we will do, we are also
looking into new regulators and coils.

So any genuine comments are welcome, just ask either MBD or SCK.
philipp@scooter-center.com
0049 (0) 2238 -307459
DJB
Dealer

Maybe a total recall of the stators is in order. Also alot of people go on what the experts say, as they dont have access to the tools for testing.
DJB
Dealer

DJB wrote:Maybe a total recall of the stators is in order. Also alot of people go on what the experts say, as they dont have access to the tools for testing.
Forgot to say, its people in arm chairs that pay your wages.
Philipp
Dealer

hi djb,

sorry i don't get this arm chair thing...

we have re-tested the high power output stator 2(?) years ago. someone in the lcgb forums had problems powering his additional lights. maybe it was soulsurfer?

we had a look if it could caused by the regulator. our test setup was to connect as many bulbs direct to the regulator. it easily powered 120 w of consumers connected with every regulator used. massive difference in the brightness of the bulb at low revs with some regulators. but most 3-pin ducati style regulators gave bright lights even at tickover.anyway the stator did what we wanted him too. there are many other factors effecting the electrical system. flywheeland kind of wiring (state of wiring loom, switches and so on) brings losses though.

to be honest i have struggled solving the problem in the lcgb forums back then. but i use the stator myself and have the brightest lights ever using a 45/40 w bulb. even feel safe using country roads in the dark now. so it can't be that wrong concerning the output. and i know lots of people saying the same. additionally it has proved to be very reliable setup in terms of the low tension coil and pickup.

if anyone has problems, please contact us!

cheers philipp
philipp@scooter-center.com
0049 (0) 2238 -307459
firekdp

When you did the test did you measure the voltage to confirm that 12V was being maintained?
And a properly working regulator should have no affect on the output, when a load is applied, other than maintain 12v. When all the power produced by the stator is used by the lamps the regulator plays no part.
DJB
Dealer

Philipp
Thanks for the reply.People are obviously to scared to say anything, but please read this.
http://www.forums.ilambretta.com/viewto ... 10&start=0
soulsurfer

Hi Philipp, yes it was me that spoke to you about this a couple of years ago.

I never did solve it and it would appear others have found the same problem. This was the reason I converted my BGM stator and used a DC reg/rec and fitted a battery, although eventually the battery would drain, it suited my purpose in the real world.

It goes without saying that the BGM stator is of good quality and better than anything else off the shelf, however I suspect most people don't run spotlights directly from it, but perhaps just a more powerful headlamp bulb, this wouldn't show the downfalls of the BGM stator i.e. the inability to power 120 watts of lighting.

Mark has proved that using the same regulator and flywheel with a rewound stator, 120watts is acheivable at relatively low rpm. This rewound stator has gone a step further and has been modified by experts in their field, and should be used as a bench mark to strive to improve BGM stator plates.

All the best, Mike

p.s. I suspect a lot of this would never be aired if it wasn't for forums and a lot of scooter dealers would also suffer without the business that forum recommendations bring, it even creates demand in many cases.
Turn On, Tune In, Cop out!
sean brady scooters
Dealer

i must say chaps
Well done to all concerned with this topic :D

Its been very illuminating....(pardon the pun). :lol:
Sean Brady Scooters - 01765 690 698
Chutney Brownlove

soulsurfer wrote:I'll rest assured that I have a good port of call should anything fail ;-)
I'm sure you are right, but a good port of call won't get you home if it fails on the road. ;) However, any part can fail at any time. Good luck everyone.
soulsurfer

Chutney Brownlove wrote:I'm sure you are right, but a good port of call won't get you home if it fails on the road. ;) However, any part can fail at any time. Good luck everyone.
True! The RAC will :D
Turn On, Tune In, Cop out!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information