Name change- British Lambretta Owners Association Club

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
eden
Dealer

It was suggested by the committee that they would hold an EGM.
It looks like they have decided not to bother.

However, in the LCGB constitution it clearly states that the members can call for an EGM with just 25 members signatures. 99% of the members won't know this though as they won't have ever read it.

If the members don't call for an EGM there won't be one. Yet this decision to outlay club funds on this case is more than a good enough reason to hold one.

The committee could also have sent a ballot paper out with jetset to give all the members the opportunity to vote on it.
Instead they just contacted the affiliated clubs. The vast majority of members are not members of any of the affiliated clubs and there are differences if opinion with in each of the affiliated clubs. Obviously most of the affiliated clubs will show support through fear of repercussions if nothing else.
If there was a ballot of ALL members or an EGM held at a place large enough to accomadate the numbers that may attend and this EGM was well advertised giving everyone the opportunity to plan for it so they could attend and vote and the vote was in favour then I would accept the decision to take court action.
If they are so sure that the majority of members would support it then why not let them vote?
Donnie
Main scooter: Lambretta Eibar Series 2

mick1 wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:22 am
It's a shame as the rally ideas that GF was promoting looked interesting, but as said by others, i would not now support these events because of GF's approach to this whole debacle.
Same, I've previously said exactly this but it's left a sour taste and the continual deceit, avoidance and ridiculous demands of GF only go toward making a bad taste worse.
Donnie.
Donnie

eden wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:06 am It was suggested by the committee that they would hold an EGM.
It looks like they have decided not to bother.
Why would they? the issue was discussed and voted upon at the AGM, there is no need for an EGM as there is nothing new since then.
eden wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:06 amHowever, in the LCGB constitution it clearly states that the members can call for an EGM with just 25 members signatures. 99% of the members won't know this though as they won't have ever read it.

If the members don't call for an EGM there won't be one. Yet this decision to outlay club funds on this case is more than a good enough reason to hold one.
See above, and if you have a copy of the constitution why don't you post it up?
eden wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:06 amThe committee could also have sent a ballot paper out with jetset to give all the members the opportunity to vote on it.
Again, see above.
eden wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:06 am Instead they just contacted the affiliated clubs. The vast majority of members are not members of any of the affiliated clubs and there are differences if opinion with in each of the affiliated clubs. Obviously most of the affiliated clubs will show support through fear of repercussions if nothing else.
And you have proof of this don't you? Can you please post it?
eden wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:06 am If there was a ballot of ALL members or an EGM held at a place large enough to accomadate the numbers that may attend and this EGM was well advertised giving everyone the opportunity to plan for it so they could attend and vote and the vote was in favour then I would accept the decision to take court action.
If they are so sure that the majority of members would support it then why not let them vote?
Again see my first point, there is nothing new to vote on that hasn't been supported at AGM.

Of course in your scenario you would accept the decision, very magnanimous but to be fair you or anyone else would have little option given that situation, but again, theres nothing new to vote on, but you would happily spend members money of the club (one of which you are not a member) on meets and venues that are completely unnecessary.
Donnie.
mick1
Main scooter: Li Avanti 225

In reply to Eden:

If you feel that strongly about the LCGB's handling of this, why not join the LCGB and get the signatures needed for the EGM ?

It's fair enough pointing out the LCGB faults, but surely rather then post negative comments it would be more appropriate to join the LCGB and try to change the club as to how you think it should be run.
eden
Dealer

That's impossible as any suggestions are dismissed off hand and you are accused of storing discontent.

Donnie. The committee said at the AGM that they would probably call an EGM. It's not my idea it was their idea.
You don't know what was said at a the AGM, I do.
Regarding posting up the constitution..... the first page of the constitution is a page outlining that by receiving the constitution you will not share it's contents in any way why it has this clause I have no idea and I don't see why it shouldn't be openly available to everyone. For the answer to that you would have to ask the committee.
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

I like to allow threads to run and ‘breathe’ but this is ridiculous. It’s the same half dozen people saying the same thing over and over in different ways. Neither party agrees with the other, both are staunch in their own position. It feels like Groundhog Day.

Shall we pop the handbags away and give it a rest for a wee bit, until something of note actually occurs?
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
wintermod65
Main scooter: winter model

Donnie wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:07 am
mick1 wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:22 am
It's a shame as the rally ideas that GF was promoting looked interesting, but as said by others, i would not now support these events because of GF's approach to this whole debacle.
Same, I've previously said exactly this but it's left a sour taste and the continual deceit, avoidance and ridiculous demands of GF only go toward making a bad taste worse.
Likewise !!.

reasonable point Eden too, but how many would the venue have to cater for to satisfy calls for a representative majority of support for the action.
if the full membership turned up thats 5000 plus people, the cost of an indoor venue of this size wouldn't be cheap then there's the costs to members in terms of travel it would have cost me £60 just to have got to the AGM. an email expressing support/ dissent costs nothing in comparison theres support on other forums and FB pages too whether these were part of those that voted at the AGM i cant say.
ok maybe a voting form could have been printed and sent out but again more costs.

there is one way out of alleged copyright infringement and thats for the purposes of parody, caricature and pastiche if mr frankland uses this tho its a joke made in bad taste at the financial expense of not only the LCGB and its members but everyone who has paid monies to mr frankland or produced items under his BLOA/BlOC umbrella
Donnie

drunkmunkey6969 wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:34 am I like to allow threads to run and ‘breathe’ but this is ridiculous. It’s the same half dozen people saying the same thing over and over in different ways. Neither party agrees with the other, both are staunch in their own position. It feels like Groundhog Day.

Shall we pop the handbags away and give it a rest for a wee bit, until something of note actually occurs?
It does indeed appear to mainly be the same people that have strong opinions and there is certainly a degree of Groundhog day.

That could be due to the same people having an axe to grind but equally many are disputing statements that cannot be backed up or are looking for an answer to a question that is never forthcoming.

I don't think thats about to change to be fair.

Point in fact....
eden wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:31 am That's impossible as any suggestions are dismissed off hand and you are accused of storing discontent.

Donnie. The committee said at the AGM that they would probably call an EGM. It's not my idea it was their idea.
You don't know what was said at a the AGM, I do.
Regarding posting up the constitution..... the first page of the constitution is a page outlining that by receiving the constitution you will not share it's contents in any way why it has this clause I have no idea and I don't see why it shouldn't be openly available to everyone. For the answer to that you would have to ask the committee.
Probably call for one, probably. As for the AGM I saw the report like every other member that got jetset, have you some other information no one else has I doubt it, but if you do please share?

Also, if you have a copy of the constitution please post it, you aren't bound by a clause of a club you dont belong to
Donnie.
wintermod65
Main scooter: winter model

Ok so theres not a flood of information "wikileaks" style but things not everbody knows are trickling out.
the numbers of people required to trigger an LCGB EGM and the non disclosure of the LCGB constitution just 2 recent examples of things i didnt know and thank the poster for enlightening me
eden
Dealer

I just took a photo of the terms within the constitution to upload to show you guys as I'm sure you don't believe me. However on reading it again I notice that the terms regarding sharing it's contents also applies to the terms on the grounds of copyright.
Due to this I won't be uploading it as I'm sure the LCGB wouldn't hesitate to waste some more of the members money on taking action against me for breaking those terms.

Why on earth do they feel their constitution should be kept under lock and key? Many organisations display their constitution publicly, some people may not want to join an organisation until they knew what the constitution consists of.

Any of the LCGB supporters here fancy explaining why they don't want it easy for people to see?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information