Saying Hi

NEW MEMBER? - You must now introduce yourself here first BEFORE you can post in any other section!

Say hello and let us know a bit about you and what scooter you own, etc...THEN you will be able to post elsewhere.
mattyboyc
registered user
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:02 pm
ebay user ID: Komoc130
Main scooter: Lambretta Li 150 series 3
Location: Aldershot, Hampshire
Contact:

Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:04 pm

Hi all,
My name is Matt and I’m from Aldershot Hampshire. I have been lurking around the forum for a little while now and have just ventured into the classic scootering scene with a 1963 Li 150 series 3. I hope to be a regular visitor and am looking forward to gaining a wealth of knowledge from the more experienced scooterist.

YAMLAM
registered user
Posts: 962
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:41 pm
Contact:

Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:38 pm

welcome aboard
win or lose have a booze

10 inch Terror
registered user
Posts: 1493
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:17 pm
Xbox live gamer tag: I'm 46 not 6!
Playstation gamer tag: PLEASE!
ebay user ID: peter-fred-welch
Main scooter: Lambretta LI Imola 185
Location: Farnborough Hampshire
Contact:

Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:50 pm

Welcome Matt, I’m just down the road in Farnborough, if you ever need any advice or need to borrow tools give me a shout. Aldershot has quite a healthy scooter scene too, so plenty of like minded people about.

mattyboyc
registered user
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:02 pm
ebay user ID: Komoc130
Main scooter: Lambretta Li 150 series 3
Location: Aldershot, Hampshire
Contact:

Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:44 pm

Thank you for the welcome, as for tools I shall be raiding my step fathers old shed for all the older imperial spanner’s.

Martin20
registered user
Posts: 285
Joined: Sun May 07, 2017 9:25 pm
Main scooter: Lambretta LI 150 Special
Contact:

Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:35 pm

Welcome to the forum Matt.

User avatar
drunkmunkey6969
Moderator
Posts: 4263
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:42 pm
ebay user ID: sc00terotica
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP
Location: North Yorkshire
Contact:

Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:37 pm

Welcome aboard


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10 inch Terror
registered user
Posts: 1493
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:17 pm
Xbox live gamer tag: I'm 46 not 6!
Playstation gamer tag: PLEASE!
ebay user ID: peter-fred-welch
Main scooter: Lambretta LI Imola 185
Location: Farnborough Hampshire
Contact:

Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:04 pm

mattyboyc wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:44 pm
Thank you for the welcome, as for tools I shall be raiding my step fathers old shed for all the older imperial spanner’s.
You’ll be out of luck then Matt, every nut and bolt on a Lambretta is metric 😂

mattyboyc
registered user
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:02 pm
ebay user ID: Komoc130
Main scooter: Lambretta Li 150 series 3
Location: Aldershot, Hampshire
Contact:

Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:26 pm

:D The opposite to what I have, I was looking for a Allen key to adjust the clutch cable the other night and I found every size bar the 3.5mm I needed, so that was the first purchase.
10 inch Terror wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:04 pm
mattyboyc wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:44 pm
Thank you for the welcome, as for tools I shall be raiding my step fathers old shed for all the older imperial spanner’s.
You’ll be out of luck then Matt, every nut and bolt on a Lambretta is metric 😂

10 inch Terror
registered user
Posts: 1493
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:17 pm
Xbox live gamer tag: I'm 46 not 6!
Playstation gamer tag: PLEASE!
ebay user ID: peter-fred-welch
Main scooter: Lambretta LI Imola 185
Location: Farnborough Hampshire
Contact:

Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:41 am

I was referring to specialist tools like rear hub puller / holder , flywheel puller / holding tool, clutch compressor, clutch holding tool, crank puller / holder / removing tools, fork spring compressor, steering clamp spanners etc etc. If you don’t have access to any I’ll lend you mine mate.

mattyboyc
registered user
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:02 pm
ebay user ID: Komoc130
Main scooter: Lambretta Li 150 series 3
Location: Aldershot, Hampshire
Contact:

Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:09 am

10 inch Terror wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:41 am
I was referring to specialist tools like rear hub puller / holder , flywheel puller / holding tool, clutch compressor, clutch holding tool, crank puller / holder / removing tools, fork spring compressor, steering clamp spanners etc etc. If you don’t have access to any I’ll lend you mine mate.
Thanks very much for the offer and I have no doubt at some point I will be calling on your expertise and extensive tool kit.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest