indicators

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Donnie
Main scooter: Lambretta Eibar Series 2

To be fair, ive refined them slightly from then so might do another vid for it, still got the "T5" buzzer though :-)
Donnie.
Mariner
Main scooter: Li125 series 3

Excuse my ignorance, does anyone know if you can get a self contained rear indicator and brake light unit that replaces the original brake light?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Donnie

Doesnt exist.

I did originally think about this as Ive seen the Series 1 / early series 2 in some markets had orange on the side and red in the middle, someone more knowledgeable than me will know about these? repos are done by SR here like this http://www.scooterrestorations.com/prod ... a_main.jpg so then i thought of using this but of course the original lights for this is

http://www.scooterrestorations.com/prod ... d_main.jpg

So I was thinking of using the two outside ones as indicators but then you are only left with a single filament middle bulb, so it's either a running light or a brake light :-( So, that's a no no.

A workabout though would be to use an led module as sold already ie http://www.lambrettaspares.com/products ... 020(3).jpg

Now though you would need to figure out how to make the 2 outside leds each side work as indicators which might work if you have the experience to do it.

All this is of course assuming you have a S1 or S2, its gonna look very odd on anything else.
Donnie.
Mariner

Yeah that's what I thought. I've not seen anywhere online that does an LED indicator and brake as one unit, I guess there is a reason for this but was quite surprised as it does seem logical. I have an Li 125 s3. I'll keep looking for a solution. Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Donnie

Its why I did it my way, simple and cheap to do, rear end adds 2 running lights, but recently thinking ill change them to be brake lights. plus it's kinda like one of the original accessory type number plate surrounds. Using these looks fairly period too and prefer them to the bar end sort.

I think the problem too with the idea of integrating the indicators into the existing unit is
1. you will have to put something on the front anyway so it's going to look non stock no matter
and
2. you're supposed to be able to see the indicator from the side and im not sure that would work at all?
Donnie.
Mariner

Yeah its an interesting one, i thought there may be more options available as kit form. Think ill stick to sticking my arm out for now!!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information