Gear Selector

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
GeorgeS
Main scooter: 1961 Series II Granturismo 240

Purchased this gear selector shown below with a bunch of parts from Scooter Restorations but I'm wondering if it's ok. Looking at other pictures online and I see a slot at the back and splines in the bore to accept the selector shaft. Is this one ok or perhaps unfinished? The bolt hole is threaded on the correct side.

Cheers,
George.
fairspares
Main scooter: Lambretta GP RB252

send it back or get a refund , its not finished.
Fairspares Lambretta workshop.
10 inch Terror
Xbox live gamer tag: No.
Playstation gamer tag: PLEASE!
Main scooter: Lambretta LI Imola 185

Definitely not finished. The slot is there so it can close around the spline when the bolt is tightened.
GeorgeS
Main scooter: 1961 Series II Granturismo 240

Thanks for the feedback, confirms what I thought. I've emailed Scooter Restorations to see what they say.
garry inglis
Main scooter: ts1 230 and rb200

it just shows how crap some parts are and nobody checking before sending now its another week before you can finish rebuilding
garry inglis
Main scooter: ts1 230 and rb200

o and buy the way they dont refund postage i just got ripped off for 12.50 returning there new li150 gear box
Burnside
Main scooter: Lambretta TV200

garry inglis wrote:o and buy the way they dont refund postage i just got ripped off for 12.50 returning there new li150 gear box
Not entirely true, I returned a front sprocket to them couple of months back and didn't even think about asking for a postage refund but when I ordered some more bits from them a couple of weeks ago they automatically knocked the postage cost of that order...I hadn't even asked so fair play
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information