Koso digital tacho help needed

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
thackers

Hi, after a long time waiting I've finally found time to try fit a rev counter to one of my scoots. After much head scratching I'm about to give up. I have had it wired up but hit a problem, it lights up but without anything showing . I've tried winding the pick up round the HT lead with no figures showing, I've also tried the various cables at the cdi with the same result. Can anyone advise me where I might be going wrong? Thanks
tarmac tickler

internal battery gone,, peel off front sticker to expose four screws, there u will find a battery
thackers

tarmac tickler wrote:internal battery gone,, peel off front sticker to expose four screws, there u will find a battery
Thanks for the quick reply. There is no sticker like you talk of on the unit I have and as far as I can see it's a sealed unit. There are 3 screws on the back but nothing doing when removed. The face of the tacho is held to the body by a pressed metal collar which I don't think is removable
tarmac tickler

its not the same as mine then, but i can guarantee its got an internal battery
diesel
Playstation gamer tag: speilekorps
Main scooter: lambretta li 150 s1 1958

Is it running from the regulator or from a battery with an in line fuse? these can be sensitive to fluctuations in current apparently and can blow if not properly regulated.
Which model is it by the way?
thackers

Hi, it's the DL01r . I've had it wired up to a non battery system with a converter to AC and off a Modcharger with the same result ,no inline fuse. I've also wired it to a battery direct and the same, no display. I'm thinking of ringing koso in the UK and seeing what they suggest as to a faulty product.Image
thackers

I phoned up the U.K distributer for Koso today and the technical advisor said it's faulty, and there's no repair :evil: He then went on to say you get a 2 year guarantee but wouldn't help me out any further. As I bought it off Ebay over 3 months ago (listed as new and it hadn't been fitted on inspection) there's no point in contacting the seller so I have an expensive paperweight :cry: :cry: A little cheesed off to say the least
tarmac tickler

leave the w@nk3r b@5t@rd s**t feedback, wont make any difference but will make u feel a bit better
thackers

Too late for that, it looks new and unfitted, even the wires hadn't been connected to anything. I'm thinking about taking it apart somehow and look for that battery you mention
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information