ancillotti exhaust

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
garry inglis
Main scooter: ts1 230 and rb200

hi all there seems to be three types off ancillotti ie// scootopi Cambridge and gori and all different prices so which is the best thanks
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

There's at least half a dozen more types than that ...

MB/BGM
AF
Casa
KBA
Indian big bore
Ancillotti

All loosely referred to as 'clubman' exhausts. This usually means a standard looking box pipe with a cone and a bigger diameter U bend. Some are better build quality, some more performance orientated, some noisier than others.

Best for what? You need to pick your exhaust to suit your starte of tune and where you want it to perform. Little use putting one of these on a motor that produces its power at high revs.
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
gerryjunior
Xbox live gamer tag: no
Playstation gamer tag: no
Main scooter: lambretta li 2

Gori as well,
garry inglis

fitting a mugello 186 to my Spanish li150 with 25mm dellorto and standard airbox with fast flow filter gp crank
immylam

mugellos can be problematic , Go for the MB/BGM with the correct swan neck for mugellos, (Scooter centre /sip Sell them) not sure if this is for all newer mugellokits but certainly caused me no end of problems with mine an Indian clubman and an ancilloti snapped at the casing bracket.
ktmh5
Main scooter: GP225 Mugello

immylam wrote:mugellos can be problematic , Go for the MB/BGM with the correct swan neck for mugellos, (Scooter centre /sip Sell them) not sure if this is for all newer mugellokits but certainly caused me no end of problems with mine an Indian clubman and an ancilloti snapped at the casing bracket.
Pretty sure that will be down to the exhaust themselves rather than the Mugello Kit. Most need fettling to some extent and if they are fitted stressed at any point they will break, usually at one of the brackets.
garry inglis

Thanks MB is£185 but u no it's going to work through the rev range
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

ktmh5 wrote:
immylam wrote:mugellos can be problematic , Go for the MB/BGM with the correct swan neck for mugellos, (Scooter centre /sip Sell them) not sure if this is for all newer mugellokits but certainly caused me no end of problems with mine an Indian clubman and an ancilloti snapped at the casing bracket.
Pretty sure that will be down to the exhaust themselves rather than the Mugello Kit. Most need fettling to some extent and if they are fitted stressed at any point they will break, usually at one of the brackets.
Some muggellos have a different exhaust port depth so it's further from the axis of the cylinder. This can lead to some alignment issues.
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
garry inglis

been on mbs site and he does a special swan neck for the newer mugello version as it is different to the first ones
soosh
Main scooter: GP RS200 Iron barrel

Be good at some point to do a comparison test,lots on the market now.Some will say the Gori is the best,some say BGM and others swear by the Ancilotti.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information